You Know Your Living in 2004 when.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CanadianDiverGirl

Contributor
Reaction score
You know you're living in 2004 when...

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.

7. You make phone calls from home, you accidentally dial "9" to get an outside line.

8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.

10. You learn about your redundancy on the 11 o'clock news.

11. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.

12. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.

13. Every commercial on television has a website at the bottom of the screen.

14. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

15. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.

16. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

17. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

18. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

19. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

20. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself

I received this at work today and nearly peed my pants. I know that it isn't really scuba humor, I still thought it applied here considering that we all tend to spend a little too much time on the internet......enjoy!

OMG, I need to finish that web page! What a reminder. :)

Yeah, it's all true.

All true, probably has been for the last 2-3 years at least.

Would you believe that i managed to survive for almost 3 years in this country without a cell phone after having one for 3 years previously in the UK?? How un-American of me - i finally broke down and got one last month. :wink: I used to feel naked leaving the house without a watch, now i am fine with that. I start to shake uncontrollably if i dont have internet and email access for a day - very scary!

Sad but very true! :)

awesome post! thanks for sharing!

I actually just did #4 before I read this post. :lol3:

Can't ever seem to be at my desk when he is at his...oh well, at least I'm not the only one.

OMG!! #19 and 20!!!!!!! I tried to resist, really I did...!

And #15 is me. You know I got in trouble (in fun) by the dive shop once for posting to SB at 8:55 in the morning instead of leaving for their 9:00 charter (I lived across town, about a 15 minute drive, and yes I was "booked" on the charter. After giving me a hard time for showing up at 9:15 the boat left the dock at 10:30)

CanadianDiverGirl:
You know you're living in 2004 when...

6. You go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.

LOL, i hate when i answer my home phone with the company greeting. Its even worse when you do it, the caller tells you you did it and you don't even recall doing it.

I think i'm my companies Manchurian Candidate. :eyebrow:

These are funny. I have had this done to me though. I receive an Instant Message from someone to say: a) they are going to phone me and the phone rings immediately, or b) they have sent me an email. :)

Crystal...Your killin me...Let's see I do 15 everyday... I need to see what the weather is like outside before I leave for work...Even with the window beside me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom