You know you're a warm water wussie when..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went diving off Miami and saw a lot of warm water wussies. Could not believe it. I thought I was plenty warm with just a speedo on (and once took that off) and these other divers were wearing full suits!

The swimmer I admire most is Lyn Cox who swam the Bering Straits without a wetsuit! The water averaged between 38 and 42 degrees F. Now that's cold!

Roger

Hank49:
. God made the seas warm for divers. And surfers. :D

I think i live on some parallel planet - he certainly didnt make the sea i go in warm !

Ive just dived in my warmest ever water - 82f off florida. Even then after 4 dives a day in a 3mm wetsuit i got cold. Next time i go i'll consider a 5mm semi dry i think for repeat diving over days.

4 days after that 82f water im back home and diving in 55f water (warm for this time of year). Nice and warm but i was wearing a thermal vest, weezle undersuit, 3 pairs of snowboarding socks,weezle booties, 5mm gloves,hood and a drysuit :)
The contrast is somewhat shocking in the space of a few days....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom