You might be a dive addict

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might be a dive addict if ...

- You're talking on the phone and realize you're using hand signals.
- Your car sits in the driveway because your garage is full of dive gear ...
- ... and the dive gear is worth much more than your car.
- You walk into the office on Monday morning and everyone greets you by asking "How was the diving?"
- All your calendars are dive-related
- You name your newborn daughter "Bonaire"
- All the shirts you wear to work are from dive destinations
- Your favorite musician is The Barefoot Man
- All the contacts in your cell phone are dive buddies
- You spent $169 for a camera ... and $2500 for accessories so you could take it underwater

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm SO guilty of much of the above. And I've only been diving for less than two years.

E.g. I'm sitting in a courtroom awaiting my turn to argue and I'm on SB with my iPhone. I'm wearing a shark tie and will change into a Kona Honu dive shirt when I return to the office.

I'm SO guilty of much of the above. And I've only been diving for less than two years.

E.g. I'm sitting in a courtroom awaiting my turn to argue and I'm on SB with my iPhone. I'm wearing a shark tie and will change into a Kona Honu dive shirt when I return to the office.

As the years pass, it doesn't get any better. My co-workers tell me I would have saved a small fortune if I would have been a crack addict instead :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

E.g. I'm sitting in a courtroom awaiting my turn to argue and I'm on SB with my iPhone.

I had to laugh at this. My dive today was with a lawyer friend of mine -- he had a morning meeting, met up with me and Peter while still in his suit. We drove to the dive site, he changed, geared up, dove, and got BACK into his suit to attend an afternoon meeting with clients. That's a committed and resourceful addict!

You are an addict if you prefer to take public transports instead but bought a lot of u/w scooters.

I had to laugh at this. My dive today was with a lawyer friend of mine -- he had a morning meeting, met up with me and Peter while still in his suit. We drove to the dive site, he changed, geared up, dove, and got BACK into his suit to attend an afternoon meeting with clients. That's a committed and resourceful addict!

Not all of us get to work in our pajamas. :). I've always been envious of ER and OR docs and staff for that job perquisite.

When your coworkers want to take out a life insurance policy on you hoping to cash in on it. (It has been discussed at my place of work)

Back
Top Bottom