You might be a scuba addict if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RumBum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I thought this thread might produce some fun stories. Here's mine:

I went to Port Aransas last weekend, and while riding the ferry to Mustang island, we saw several dolphins in the boat channel. I started trying to convince my husband that we could backroll off the side of the ferry! "But all our gear is right here in the bed of the truck..." I said. Nevermind that we would have to abandon our car, the drop was about 15-20 feet, and there is dangerous boat traffic all over the place there. I wanted to dive with those dolphins!
This situation produced the epiphany that I truely am obsessed... :D

If someone offers you a choice between Thankgiving with your family and diving in a mud puddle and you have to think about it minute!

your wife leaves you with a scuba tank in the trunk of the car and you say..."I sure am gonna' miss that tank."

I saw the doctor after the surgery yesterday and then I asked if I can dive one week later with the cast that looks the water resistance! I tried to convince that I am going to wear DS and not to lift any heavy stuff. Everybody at the office regarded me as a nut.

your regulator freezes before you get the whole in the ice.

If you spend your idle moments mulling over the idea of "Nitro Box", a must for every upscale addicted diver. The box would be a large reinforced plexiglass cube complete with a high def tv, wet bar, and refrigerator. Also included is a luxurious lounge chair. The lucky occupant would dial in the nitrogen load (4 ata? 5 ata?), select one's favorite beverage, lean back and enjoy the game. Nitro Box is safely designed with a timer and a lock so the wife or girl friend can't dispose of you with an explosive decompression. Guess it will need a head to accomodate immersion diurisis. I need to find a place to go swimming before I actually begin building this thing in my living room.

dkktsunami:
...the wife or girl friend...
:11:

how 'bout just 'an ill-informed or ill-intentioned person'? 'cause i'd love a box like that, but i sure ain't getting a wife or girl friend any time soon!! :D

BabyDuck:
:11:

how 'bout just 'an ill-informed or ill-intentioned person'? 'cause i'd love a box like that, but i sure ain't getting a wife or girl friend any time soon!! :D

Good point Miss Duck.

• The sound of compressed air hissing gets your attention, no matter where you are.

• The clanking of metal on metal is music to your ears.

• You will use ANY cheese excuse to head over the LDS.

• You will spend countless minutes browsing for accessories and other crap you don't really need.

• You agree there's no such thing as too much gear.

• You will iluminate the bedroom with your dive light.

• You've been busted putting your mask on in the shower.

• The smell of neoprene turns you on.

• The gear goes in the climate controlled closet. The clothes go to the attic.

• You've mastered the art of turning the shower into a rinsing station

• You know that Guanaja is not in Mexico.

• Your portable electronics are either water resistant, or in a water proof case.

• You get anxy for the next episode of "Deep Sea Detectives" and are buying the entire collection.

• You've read "Shadow Divers" at least 3 times.

• You agree that "Shark Week" sucks.

• When you get sick, the first question you ask your doctor is "When will I be able to go back to diving"

• Any medical procedure that you need done is preceeded by "How's this going to interfere with my diving?"

• Any body of water makes you ponder "I wonder what the visibility is down there, maybe I would need a light".

• You spent countless hour in this board :D

Ask my beloved wife, she can corrobarate any of the points :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom