Your Bonaire Picks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorites:
Hilma Hooker
Angel City
Andrea II
Bachelors Beach (also a double reef)
Witches Hut
Pink Beach

Pete,

Definitely check out Lac Cai. Swam through a school of big tarpon in poor vis due to current on the way out to the reef where the vis was crystalline. Actually, the bad vis on the way out nearly made the dive since the schooling tarpon seemed to materialize out of the haze. Surreal to be in the midst of a school of those big guys. On the reef there was a good amount of life. We saw the biggest barracuda and turtle I've ever seen on any dive on that dive. My girlfriend and I called it the East side Alice in Wonderland dive for the size of everything that crossed our paths.

On the other side:
Hilma Hooker
Town Pier (night)
1000 steps (time this one to end the dive just before the sun starts to set... beautiful)
Karpata
Red Slave
Oil Slick

Enjoy your trip!

Here is a tip for you, the road just past Karpata is ONE WAY and is a pretty long ride back to Buddy though Rincon. There is a shortcut. Just after Karpta the road turns right and a short distance after that is a small DIRT road on the right. If you take this road it crosses the high spot of the island behind Radio Netherlands, past the microwave towers and back to the main road just south of Oil Slick. It's a great shortcut and a pretty nice scenic drive. It is around 5-7 miles long. I take it often both as a short cut and a nice dive.

Wish I had this info about a short cut. Karpata was my favorite dive. Love the contour of the reef there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom