Your Bonaire Picks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few more...
The drift (or point to point) from La Danias to Karpata is nice...Just drop the gear and 1 person goes and parks and walks back to LD's.

I would also recommend a boat dive with Larrys Wild Side out of Cai...a bit pricey but well worth it!

As most everyone else said, Oil Slick is great. Since you are looking for pairings, I recommend Angel City and Hilma as they are side by side. I didn't look for it but I read that at Angel City, by the mooring, there is a rock arch that is ideal for photos.

From Buddy reef, head right along the edge of the reef until you get in front of Capt Don's. There is a fun little wreck there. Be sure to look in the hole at the bottom of that boat as a huge moray hangs out in there. I'm not 100% sure but I believe there is a tugboat wreck in front of Capt Don's at 130'. I didn't read about that until I got back home. Grrrr! Can anyone confirm this for me?

One of my favorites:

Enter at Angel City, stay at 30ft and head directly out to the second reef. Decend to the second reef and head north(right) until you come to an anchor chain. The chain will disappear in the sand heading back to the first reef. Follow that heading. Soon the Hooker will appear in front of you. Very cool experience, especially if it's your first time on the wreck. Watch your air and NDL. Exit at the Hooker. It's a short walk back to get your vehicle.

Jetwrench, you beat me to it. This is a great double-site dive we've done as well.

Some of our favorites are in the south are North Belnem / Corporal Meiss (we stay at the Bellafonte), Angel City, and Hilma Hooker in the south. First trip we really liked Atlantis as well, but that's the kiteboarder's site now for them to safely practice their sport.

Going to the north, Andrea II was great both trips. We liked Rappel and Bloodlet (particularly Bloodlet) as boat dives, and Klein Bonaire for boat dives.

Sorry WWD.

Another great dive is Lac Cai(east side). Find Bas. Ask anyone on the island how to find him. He is well known. A great guide and you will need one to do this site. He can also be emailed at loonybin@bonairelive.com. Lot's of tarpon, rays and bigger fish on that side.

No need to be sorry - good pick! Bas is the one who told me about the combined dive possible on Angel City & HH on our first trip. I used doubles, my petite wife used a single tank, no problems.

WWD,
Last time we had enough air to continue north at the top of the reef and exited at The Lake. Three sites, one dive. Another suggestion from Bas.

skynscuba:
Front porch was surprisingly good. We weren't expecting much, but were pleased at the variety. It has patches of sand and coral, even deep, saw a lot of animal variety there, and the small wreck.

can you please explain more about a small wreck? How deep? Where to find it? Thanks!

There is a wreck directly in front of Capt Dons in about 35 ft of water. A large rope leads from the wreck to the dock at Capt Dons. I understand there is also a wreck at around 110ft near the same spot but because I never venture that deep at that site, I have not seen it. The small wreck is my typical turn point when diving from Buddy Dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom