Your humble servant...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wookie

Proud to be a Chaos Muppet
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I have recently been elected chairman of the Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary Advisory Council, as well as being the Primary dive operator representative. Now, as well as listening to comments about the boats, I will entertain comments and suggestions about the Sanctuary. The sanctuary is undergoing a review of the Sanctuary Management Plan, so if there are regulations you want changed, or boundaries you want re-defined, this is a place to start. I would like to promise a chicken in every pot and a free dive trip for all, but I can't afford it, so I only promise to listen and reply to comments. Remember, we are an advisory council, not a legislative body, and we dispense advise, not regulations. We have a few thousand signatures on a petition to stop commercial fishing in the Sanctuary, but I am here to listen to comments. I need a list of contact information for Texas dive operators, and I know there used to be a Dallas area dive operators organization. Any info is helpful.

e-mail addresses are as follows: home; mvspree@sbcglobal.net Boat; spree@gulf-diving.com

Congrats Capt. Frank!!!

Wow, great job Captain Frank! I know I for one would love to see the FG as a true marine sanctuary. We are behind you 100%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom