Your Personality...

Would you be the person you are today without diving?

• Yes

Votes: 101 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 115 53.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My life now is different, but my life really changed when I took the full cave course!!!!!!!! After that you can't be the same anymore!

My life has been forever changed after having had the privilege of viewing the "Warhammer" photo.

Yikes.

I like to think i was a resonably well balenced indevidual before i became a diver,But then I started snorkling at the age of 3
so was there life before diving.
Yes a can say diving has effected my personality
Howard.

Personality...? It would be interesting to see.... what say for instance the Meyers/Briggs profiles yeilded. I would expect that there would tend to be out of the 16 personality types more extroverts with diving.
Also if you are familiar with this process, most leaders tend to fall in the outside four corner rankings.

I have been diving for just barely a year..... and everything has changed! I'm starting to look for a car to drive, and the one thing that is a must? Enough room to haul all of my dive gear! Guys have to either be divers, or be willing to be divers.... trips are now focused around water..... and the list goes on... and on... and on! I was always told diving was addicting... but I never really understood until I became a diver myself!!!:)

Kayla:)

I dont know if my personality has changed, perhaps my priorities, perhaps some goals, I dunno, maybe a bit of my personality has changed
I've made some great new friends, been to some whacky new places, done crazy things that I would of thought rather stupid this time last year (jumping into stoney at 9 degrees anyone?)
i went on a diet and actually lost some weight, never done that before! lol
i feel more confident about some of my abilities, especially regarding rescue and first aid (both in and out of the water)

i dont really think much of that is personality, more like my abilities and approach to various situations/challenges

I've been diving so long (41+ yrs), starting at a relatively early age, that I have little or no recollection of what I was like BD (before diving). Certainly it has changed my life in many ways. Why I wouldn't have those hidden gills if I didn't dive, nor the webbing between my toes, nor the absolute need to keep my skin moist, nor would I have turned down the advances of all those wonderful women whose only fault was that they were aquatically challenged!

Dr. Bill

Lover of life, nature and adventure, diving is just the vehicle, one of many, I also kayak, play softball, party and travel. I am more than just a diver...

Definately Yes. From the first free dive which changed my perspective on the world, to the calming presence which I find durring and long after my dives. I am a better person in my experiences, thoughts and interations with others an the world. It has also made a greater impact on my spiritual well-being.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom