You're diving Nitrox: Do you choose best mix or standard mix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GearHead once bubbled...

Which instructor(s) did your Fundamentals class, Eric? It sounds like you got the shaft on the profiling part. I haven't taken DIR-F yet, but it sounds like this was covered in most of their classes. And you can bet I'll be grilling them on deco theory when I do mine later this year.
...but we did not cover profiling nor rock bottom. We got some info on rock bottom later from MHK that was great (via email), but never learned the profiling stuff.

I remember there was an issue with some of the instructors catching a flight and I also remember there were additional logistical problems since we had to switch quarries from one that was 15 minutes away to one that was 2-3 hours away (Rolesville/Fantasy Lake to Lake Rawlings).

I guess it was cut out due to time constraints, but I am not sure about that. My instructors were JJ, MHK, and Sweetin and we also had Hobbs (DAN), Elmore (WKPP), and Singer (GUE videographer) along for the ride.

If one of you closed-lip cretins doesn't tell me, you can bet I will hound my GUE Cave instructor about it in July...

King Kong Matt once bubbled...
Here we go again...

I will take DIR-F. I promise. I am even signed up for it already...

In the meantime, can you deign to treat us as adults and have the courtesy to either share completely or don't share at all...

It is beyond me why you even raise the issue if you are not willing to share the information publicly...

Am I wrong on this one?

I'm going to stay out of it this time. LOL

DiverBuoy, I won't ask you how profiling works because I know. What I would like to ask (because your an instructor) is what you think of it? And ow would you feel about teaching it or having recreational divers do it in general? If it's too far off topic feel free to PM me.

O-ring once bubbled...

...we had to switch quarries from one that was 15 minutes away to one that was 2-3 hours away (Rolesville/Fantasy Lake to Lake Rawlings)...

Whoa! 2-3 hours, one way? Sounds like a SNAFU, to say the least. Even with an all-star staff like that, I can understand how time ran short. But hey, you paid for the class, you should get all the info.

Hey, DiverBuoy will you be a champ and finally hook the fella up?

Myself, I'll just patiently wait until the class fits with my schedule, which will probably be after it's a pass/fail class. Maybe I'll even get a shiny new c-card! (That's what diving's all about, don't you know.) :brows:

GearHead once bubbled...

Whoa! 2-3 hours, one way? Sounds like a SNAFU, to say the least. Even with an all-star staff like that, I can understand how time ran short. But hey, you paid for the class, you should get all the info.

Hey, DiverBuoy will you be a champ and finally hook the fella up?

Myself, I'll just patiently wait until the class fits with my schedule, which will probably be after it's a pass/fail class. Maybe I'll even get a shiny new c-card! (That's what diving's all about, don't you know.) :brows:
Ok, I figured it out...I emailed one of my buddies who took DIRF with me and he said this:

"If I remember correctly, the method was to watch someone else who has a computer, and do what they do."

What a smartass...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom