Closed Youth BCD

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreyhoundsAreFast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a used Mares Explorer, Zeagle Ranger JR Youth, or Scubapro Rebel for 10yo.

For reference, my wife’s Ladyhawk is XS and is currently too big for my son—so we’re definitely looking for kids bcd, not a very small adult bcd.

Tip: Try a backplate/wing solution with a small backplate. It will grow with your son, and retain value for when he would want to change to a normal/large plate depending on growth. Wing will stay the same.
Several of my friends with kids have taught their early teens (12/13) in normal size backplates.

HOG TBCS with XS/S soft plate and XS/S harness. Like a BPW it will grow with him. I set up an 11yr old girl with one last year. She was (they grow like weeds) about 4ft 9 inches and 75 lbs. Fit her like a glove. Based on her mom and dad, unless she gets into steroids, it will last her into her 20s and just require adjusting the webbing now and then. Not replacing the entire rig every couple years as they grow.

HOG Total Buoyancy Control Scuba System Package for Sale | Divers Supply

But call them and ask about it. Don't just order on line. They may make you a deal if you call or walk in.

Has a line at the bottom with no other reference and in an odd spot of "mark as sold"... might still be worth contacting.

Has a line at the bottom with no other reference and in an odd spot of "mark as sold"... might still be worth contacting.
Yes, thanks for sending. I saw that one too. Not familiar with Sub Gear and what little I could find online wasn’t impressive.

Yes, thanks for sending. I saw that one too. Not familiar with Sub Gear and what little I could find online wasn’t impressive.
Sub Gear is a budget line of gear that is functional and serviceable. It is owned by Johnson Outdoors who owns ScubaPro. While not fancy it works and is of decent quality. That one in the post however is overpriced for a used BC like that. $100 for the whole kit would be more reasonable. 60 for just the BC.
For a kids BC that you can plan on having to replace, Ebay would be your best best.
For one that will grow with them and last perhaps decades with only minor replacement items needed (12 feet of webbing) a BPW style from any of the mfgs with a small soft or hard plate is a no-brainer choice.

I will need to deal with this in a couple of years and my current thinking is to start with BP/W as it's very easy to adapt as the kids grow

Hi
I have a Zeagle ranger jr BCD that is in great condition. I bought it for my son 4 years ago. He had done about 30 dives in it and just completed his advanced OW cert this summer in it. He had a massive growth spurt in the past few months and it doesn't fit him any longer.
Let me know if you're interested. I'm open on the price

All the best
ScottView attachment 744139View attachment 744140

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom