Ys 01's in TTL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe light leak into fiber optic sensor? Maybe mask out all the area around the port for the fiber optic connection on the strobe?

How about in manual?

Any chance the built in focus lights tricks the on-board sensors to think there is enough light?

Any chance the built in focus lights tricks the on-board sensors to think there is enough light?
Focus lights are not on. I'm doing this in my kitchen at home. Both strobes fire in ttl when pointed straight out. When I point them in towards each other they just pop at full power.

Could the TTL sensor on the strobes be picking up a very short flash from the opposite strobe and shutting the flash down before you can detect it.

This could happen so fast that it is not easily detectable, just as we can't detect any delay when a strobe fires because it was triggered by another strobe.

Could the TTL sensor on the strobes be picking up a very short flash from the opposite strobe and shutting the flash down before you can detect it.

This could happen so fast that it is not easily detectable, just as we can't detect any delay when a strobe fires because it was triggered by another strobe.
Possibly. You would think that they would fire simultaneously though......

Back
Top Bottom