YS-110 and YS-110a play nice together?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MagnaBoxer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Currently shooting with one YS-110 and looking to add a second to my rig. I've looked at the specs on both the 110 and 110a, and other than the 110a having a faster recycle time, and potentially better battery life, they are nearly identical. The 110a states that it has improved, and more reliable TTL function. My question is can the two be paired together? What problems could I have if I attempt to do so? If the 110a is not such a good idea to pair with the 110 then I guess I'll be looking for a good used 110.

For an SLR system, the YS-110 and YS-110A would have no problems being paired together. For a compact digital system, the DS-TTL function in the YS-110A has been improved offering increased compatability with current digital cameras.

For an SLR system, the YS-110 and YS-110A would have no problems being paired together. For a compact digital system, the DS-TTL function in the YS-110A has been improved offering increased compatability with current digital cameras.

My current set up is a Canon G10 in Ikelite case. Will the 110a work with my existing 110 on with this camera or should I try to find another 110?
Thanks

Hi-
You can use a YS-110 and a YS-110Alpha and have no problems on a G10. We suggest using 2 fiber optic cables. Beam angle, Guide Number (power) are the same on both strobes.

Back
Top Bottom