YS-110 flash sent to sea&sea for support - 4 months ago!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcarv66

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
i decided to write in this board to try to find out from Sea&Sea what's going on with a YS-110 that was sent to Sea&Sea through the portuguese local representative (António Hipólito, Lda.).

It's been 4 (four) months and after several excuses... DEMA show, end of year, beggining of year ,etc, i've been told by my local support (António Hipólito) that my flash will be ready by end of ...January 2010.

SIX freakin' months to repair a flash. I don't think this is acceptable.

I want to know where the problem his. Can you help me?!

Sea&Sea are pretty good at responding here to inquiries. I know you've been very patient already but just hang tight for a couple more days (there is a very real possibility that who ever from Sea&Sea responds to this site may be on vacation with the Christmas Holidays). One thing - I believe the Sea&Sea representative here is from the North American distributor while Sea&Sea is a Japanese company (I believe). Do you know if your strobe was sent to the USA for service or if it went to Japan?

Yeah I think they are the dealer in Portugal...
Who're gonna call???

Sea&Sea US: When we have a complaint about a dealer, who should we complain to?

I found these numbers on the web:

Inquiry and the general public for sale
Saiwai-cho 3-chome, Kawaguchi, Saitama No. 20 (〒 332-0016)
S&S Sales Department TEL 048-256-2251 FAX 048-256-2276

Inquiry on repair
Saiwai-cho 3-chome, Kawaguchi, Saitama No. 20 (〒 332-0016)
Customer Service TEL 048-255-8512 FAX 048-258-8111

The media (TV and magazine interviews like a professional photographer) of Inquiry
1-chome, Ota-ku, Tokyo Kitasenzoku No. 4 No. 6 (〒 145-0062)
Promotion Division TEL 03-5701-1102 FAX 03-5701-1157 Tokadoenaji Inc.

Apparently Sea&Sea Japan will be closed on:
23, 26, 27, 30 and 31 of December 2009
1, 2, 3 and 4 of January 2010
Also closed on all weekends I think...

Good Luck JCarv

thx marcelo. in fact, i'm far to be the only victim...i just discovered a facebook group about Sea&Sea, and a spanish guy is also wondering about his flash. It's also in the Iberia region ;-) ...
I'm going forward with some form of complaint, because SeaSea, or any other manufacturer should do a better control of what's happening, because it all comes to good response times...things like this makes a client to GO AWAY.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I know that the US reps are very responsive and I have never heard of complaints about SEea&Sea repairs. I forwarded a camera to one of their authorized repair centers and had it returned within a few weeks.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom