YS-110 sync issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ront

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My set-up:
RDX405D Housing
YS-110
YS-90DX
Fiber Optic cables

I have not been able to get the YS-110 to fire at the correct time (in sync with the camera)
Camera flash set to only fire once (forced flash), no pre flash -- the strobe is set to slave and Manual 2 (tried all positions - appears to fire at the correct time when set to TTL but at full power as TTL isn't in use) -- tried Manual 1 setting pror to changing the forced flash on the camera but it always fires on the second flash and the camera sometimes uses more --- (tried all combinations without success) -- been very cautious concerning the strobe switch position to ensure in correct position

The 90DX works without problems and I have previously used the 110 with my C5050 set-up without problems.

Any suggestions? -- Ron

There might me others, me for one, who would like to know if and how you solved your strobe sync issue. Please let us know your end results.

Thanks,
Jim

I too can not get my YS110 to synch (fiber optically) consistently to the point I am frustrated with it. Not happy with the product at this time, since I spent a lot of money and can not get decent lighting every time.

I have the same problem. I have the same setup.
Is there a solution?

I have tried manual 1 and 2. Only TTL works, unfortunately this is at full power.
I would like to be able to adapt the power. I never use full power for macro
It worked with my olympus 5060.

This thread seems to have gone quiet but I too have the same issue: using a Canon 500D with the 110a using fibre optic connector. I've tried all 3 settings on the strobe but haven't yet been able to take a successful night shot as the sync is totally out. Even during the day, I'm having problems although not so many. Help! Sea & Sea, can you send the same info you sent to Ron above to me please?

I had the 110 with the GX1 setup, at first it was ok then there were countless sync issues. This occured on two identical setups we had for work. Eventually we had the two 110 strobes returned to be checked. We got not response as to what was wrong but both strobes were replaced and we were sent two 110a, so far so good.

Great stuff Good to Know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom