Ys 250 pro strobe battery problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi guys, I recently purchased a second hand ys 250 that has not been used in 2 years, only problem is im guessing the battery will not charge, on the charger it has the option of red , orange or green light flashing, proberly meaning how far the charge is..i have been charging it for 12 hours straight now and the red light is still flashing on the charger, when i connect the battery hoping for the strobe to come to life so i can test it, nothing happens..dead, no lights on the strobe, DEAD

Anyone experience these problems before, is the battery fried or am i just forgetting to do something? Its my first strobe, so some learning is needed! any advice would be greatly appreciated!

YS-250 battery pack should be 7.2v fully charged. You should test the output with a voltmeter. I don't know what the third wire is for (ground?) There are lots of 7.2v 6 battery NimH battery packs available in the $30 range, but they only have 2 wires.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom