YS-250Pro or YS110

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itsjustme0770

Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone give me a quick thumbnail sketch on the real difference between these two. Trying to decide if the extra 400/strobe is worth it.

Thanks!

the three big differences between the ys-110 and the ys-250 pro is the 250 pro has a faster recycle time than the ys 11o. the 250 pro is also one stop brighter than the ys-110 which does not sound like much but the 250 pro produces about twice as much light as the ys-110s. the ys-250 pro also produces a wider beam of light than the ys-110. from my own personal experience the ys-250 is a great strobe with lots of power. one thing that i like is that the 250 pro has 11 levels of manual power control making it possible to dial the power down to very small levels.

for a comparison of several strobes check out this sites
first link is a review of the ys-250
second link is a comparison of several different strobes

Underwater Camera Articles: Sea & Sea YS-250 - the big bang
Underwater Camera Articles: Underwater Strobes Compared - our tests on the specs

double post please delete

After using both, I would go for the YS-250 in a heartbeat because of the softer light and less obvious light fall off. The extra power is nice too...

Using diffusers is a MUST on the naked flash tubes of the YS-110 and Inon Z-240, whereas the big round flash tubes like the YS250 and SS200 (ikelite) are naturally diffused, and inherently softer. Diffusers cut a lot of light, making the strobes feel less powerful than they are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom