YS-D1 on Olympus PEN PL-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

anybody here using a Sea & Sea YS-D1 strobe with an Olympus PEN PL-5 (or other PEN) camera, controlled through a fibre cable by the micro-flash that comes with the camera (i.e. DS-TTL II)?

Is there anything that the YS-D1 cannot to which the original Oly UFL-2 could?

Deciding which flash to buy for the PEN, worried by the two-battery limitation of the Oly.

Thanks

I am not sure of all the details but I think the OLY-UFL-2 could do high speed sync but in every other respect the D1 is a far better strobe.
Bill

The UFL-2 is a very big strobe, size wise, for only two batteries, but does an amazing job.
I have a friend who uses two and he has never run out of battery power on a single dive and mostly does double dives from his boat. . .
Bruce

I have a Sea & Sea D1 on a olympus e-pm1. With the 100 degree diffuser on it puts out a tremendous amount of light in a nice even pattern. Only thing that could be better is 2 of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom