YS10 flash with Oly C5050/5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dee was right...after seeing my wife's piccies with her C-5050 while I burned through 300 frames of film I've decided that I need to go digital. I currently have a Sea and Sea MX 10 with the YS-10 (?) strobe. Does anyone know if this can be mounted for use with either the PT-015 for the C-5050 or the PT-020 housing for the C-5060?

Sorry...the YS40 strobe from the MX-10 cameras can't be used for digital cameras. It doesn't recognize the preflash plus you'll want something more powerful. I know, it hurts but you'll be better off selling the MX-10/YS40 as a unit and starting from scratch with a digital system.

Dee:
Sorry...the YS40 strobe from the MX-10 cameras can't be used for digital cameras. It doesn't recognize the preflash plus you'll want something more powerful. I know, it hurts but you'll be better off selling the MX-10/YS40 as a unit and starting from scratch with a digital system.
Is there a reasonablly priced method to go with the 5050/5060 that you are aware of with an Oly PT-XXX series housing?
Thanks!

I'm totally pleased with my Inon D-180 strobe. No good strobe is cheap but Yuza at UW Digital Camera probably has the best prices. However I wanted the security of a place for warranty issues stateside rather than sending it back to Japan just in case I needed to. Ryan at Underwater Camera Pros was my choice.

Dee:
I'm totally pleased with my Inon D-180 strobe. No good strobe is cheap but Yuza at UW Digital Camera probably has the best prices. However I wanted the security of a place for warranty issues stateside rather than sending it back to Japan just in case I needed to. Ryan at Underwater Camera Pros was my choice.

Hey, what happened to your S&S digital strobe?

Geez... I'm always the last to know these things.... :wink:

SubMariner:
Hey, what happened to your S&S digital strobe?

Geez... I'm always the last to know these things.... :wink:

LOL...I still have it. Or I should say Beast has it. When he decided he wanted a C-5050 and to start using a strobe, I took the opportunity to give him the YS90DX and get one of the smaller (in size) Inons that has a built in focusing light.

Want me to tell Pierce about it? :D

Dee:
LOL...I still have it. Or I should say Beast has it. When he decided he wanted a C-5050 and to start using a strobe, I took the opportunity to give him the YS90DX and get one of the smaller (in size) Inons that has a built in focusing light.

Want me to tell Pierce about it? :D

Sure.. why not... I'm sure he'll want to spend money on scuba in the midst of our closing on the new Tampa house with all the $$$ we'll layout on furnishing it. Yeah. That's right. Go ahead. :lol2:

Kiidding!

Hey...just trying to help! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom