Zeagle 50d/zx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyTop

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any comments on this zeagle regulator. i am giving it some heavy consideration.

I have the Zeagle DSV first stage with the ZX second. Love it. Take it to over 100' in 43 degree water regularly.

RockyTop:
Anyone have any comments on this zeagle regulator. i am giving it some heavy consideration.

Everything that you have ever heard about the Apeks TX50.... apply it to that reg. Although I think that they are a little more expensive by contrast, the zeagle is almost identical to the Apeks. With the exception of the way that the HP seat sits inside the reg, it will perform the exact same as the Apeks older TX series. It is a great reg. As I am sure you heard, Apeks used to make Zeagle regs and they have not changed a heck of alot since then. Go for it and enjoy

RockyTop:
I use it as a secondary on my tech config. Works great. Max depth I've breathed off it was 165'. Breathed the same as my Apeks DS4/ATX50.

Ditto to everything above, I dive it in cold and warm and its perfect. I took it down to 200+ and had no problems with the way it breathed.

I use one with a second ZX for octo. No complaints/regrets. Bonus is they are made in the US and Zeagle appears to be allowing some internet sales, at least by authorized dealers. Zeagle really stands behind their product with service. I also like the full face soft purge as compared to Apeks.

Great reg. I love it... ditto to all the other comments about ease of breathing.

Only concern I hear raised is the issue of having Zeagle regs serviced overseas as it is not as popular of a manufacturer outside of North America.

I recently purchased the ZX/Flathead VI combo and it is the closest thing to breathing above the water as I have experienced. The LDS guys use this combination on their Tech rigs and rave about the quality and reliability.

I have a Zeagle ZX50D and think its a great reg. Breathes very smoothly, and has fine tuning adjustment knob. Its also dry in any position and is a solid, built to last setup.

H'Ray for this thread.
I was litteraly on my way to post a question about zeagle VS. apeks. I hear constant raving about the apeks and not a whole lot about zeagle regs. I really want a zeagle reg, but again all i hear is apeks apeks apeks. And yeah I know, My choice.
Is there a difference, Or is price the difference.

Back
Top Bottom