Zeagle 50d/zx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoJu:
H'Ray for this thread.
I was litteraly on my way to post a question about zeagle VS. apeks. I hear constant raving about the apeks and not a whole lot about zeagle regs. I really want a zeagle reg, but again all i hear is apeks apeks apeks. And yeah I know, My choice.
Is there a difference, Or is price the difference.
I dive both the Apeks and Zeagle. They breath the same at depth (185 for me so far). Here's the differences in my observation:

1. I like the metal adjustment knob on the Apeks better. The plastic knob on the Zeagle feels cheap.

2. I like the soft purge on the Zeagle better. Not a big deal though.

3. I also like the standard hose diameter on the Zeagle. The Apeks can be changed.

4. I like the fact that Zeagle is made in FL. Their customer service is great. On the flip side, seems like everyone services Apeks.

Nothing big between the two, other than I'm waiting for the day the plastic knob cracks on the Zeagle.

Can't go wrong with either in my opinion, but that is just my opinion.

GoJu:
H'Ray for this thread.
I was litteraly on my way to post a question about zeagle VS. apeks. I hear constant raving about the apeks and not a whole lot about zeagle regs. I really want a zeagle reg, but again all i hear is apeks apeks apeks. And yeah I know, My choice.
Is there a difference, Or is price the difference.

Part of price diff. is that Apeks are available widely from European internet sources at discount prices. "Official" internet sales are not allowed in the US as Apeks is now distributed thru AquaLung and they don't allow that. Zeagle, still being an independant manufacturer, appears to now be recognizing that the internet and it's huge user base and world wide accessibility could be a big part of their future. As such, they are now allowing online sales thru their authorized US dealers. Perhaps this will aid the price gap and also insure that the Zeagle stuff is more widely available and serviced. I haven't seen any significant difference between LDS list prices for either brand.

Got one - love it! No problems, no parts after almost 300 dives! Does everything well. Made in good old USA.
Norm

I currently dive with the Apeks ATX50/DS4.

I've used the ATX100 with DS4 and couldn't tell the difference. I also borrowed an ATX200 with it's 1st stage. Again, no notable difference other than hose routing possibilities.

djac5700:
mempilot, out of curiosity, which apeks do you have?

Back
Top Bottom