Zeagle/Apeks Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

f&rdiver241

Registered
Reaction score
anyone had any experience with the regs apeks makes for zeagle?...are they as good as an original Apeks reg?

Apeks does not make Zeagles current regulators. They haven't for several years. My Zeagle branded Apeks made Tech 50d from the mid 90's is great, not sure of the current generation of Zeagle regs.

is zeagle owned by anyone?, i know apeks is owned by aqualung, so i dont see why they would make equipment for a rival???????

Guess you could say I like Zeagle regs, I have 3 of them. I use my Zeagles in silty, cold (42 degree), deep (120ffw) water regularly.

Zeagle is a private, family owned company. In the 1990's, Apeks was NOT owned by Aqualung, and Zeagle was the US Distributor for Apeks regs (sold with a Zeagle name)

Once Aqualung bought Apeks, all of that changed, of course. We decided that rather than helping another company grow a fan base here in the US, we would just make regs ourselves. Since we were quite aware of the strong points that Apeks regs had, we used the strong points, and made some minor changes to some things we thought could be improved. The rest, as they say, is history...

Scott

More like a TX100 actually that is what it says on the bottom of the cover of the second stage.
Just to be the technical idiot, Aqualung does not own Apeks, they are just owned by the same company in Europe.
Great regs though. On that particular reg you will find that it is the exact same as the Apeks sister. Bid away...

Zeagle Rocks, I stick with my USD because I am a poor Diver. I had the pleasure of touring the Zeagle factory in '02, What Scott said is true. I figured I would see a huge complex about the size of a couple super Wal Marts what I found was really down to earth guys and a small factory smaller than a SAMS club Small but state of the art. I do have a RANGER BC with an Octo + aquired in '02 I used it when I was on the dive team and diving the Yellow river AO. Black water diving at 4 knts and Twin 80's set up. I had a buddy in trouble one time I gave him my primary, and used the Octo + to bring him up. It worked like a champ though the hose is too short to look all around.

Back
Top Bottom