Zeagle BC and Reg.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cherinere

Contributor
Reaction score
First thank you to Aaroal for the email, now to all others.
We are looking at the Zeagle ranger and Reg.ZX/50D, we heard that the only draw back to this BC unit is the intake of water, please give us your input on likes, dislikes or problems if any. Also any comments on the Reg. would also be appreciated. We thank you all in advance.

No experience with Zeagle regs, but I believe this model was reviewed in the April print edition of Rodale's Scuba Diving -- might be worth a look see. The article reviews new or recently updated regs > $400.

I too am leaning towards the Ranger though I noticed the newer Rangers are coming the a "ripcord" system for the integrated weights. Any thoughts on this system (is it easier or harder to loose wrights, drawbacks of the system (if any) etc.).

Here is a different take on the Ranger weight system, or at least Zeagles. I bought a Zeagle Tech last year from someone moving on to something else. After diving in it for a bit I began to get a little worried about having all of the weight in the pockets on the BC, I use anywhere from 24# to 32# depending on diving wet or dry. In the case of the Zeagles, once the handle is pulled, all of the weight exits the BC. I did not like the thought of becoming a rocket if I ever had a need to ditch the weight (that may be the least of my worries). To compensate I added a ditchable weight harness to carry some of the weight (me, drysuits and weight belts don't get along) and the rest is in the BC. In the event of an emergency, I will pull the handles (1 per side) of the harness and release smaller amounts of weight. The BC release is the last one I would pull.

At present the point is now moot, I have moved to a backplate/harness.

JoelW

BlkFrog,

I used the Ranger for 3 years and have never had any problems with the release. It takes a deliberate pull to release the weights. first you have to pull past the Velcro safety then pull out about 8 to 10 inches to release the weights.

You will enjoy the Ranger very much. I did, but as JoelW stated I have moved on to B/P and wings.

My wife and I are both considering a Zeagle BC as well. I'm torn between the Concept II Sport, Pro, and the Ranger. 95% of the diving I will be doing is warm water, however I may brave the cold Nebraska waters and learn to dry suit dive.

As for my wife, she likes the strap on the Escape that fits a little higher, however she prefers a more rugged BC. Is this available on all of the Zeagle BC's? She will be doing the same diving as I will as she is my dive buddy!

Do you have any advice?

Thank you,

Will

Has your wife checked out the Zena Zeagle for women, it has an excellent fit, it has adjustable straps to fit both waist and hips. It is a close fitting BC so if she is bigger on the chest it might not be the one for her. It come with a ripcord weight release. I also found that the Dacor has a great jacket like this also but does not have an intergrated weight system, or that would of been my first choice.

Back
Top Bottom