Zeagle BC (Scout / Stilleto / Tech / Zeagle Ranger LTD BC )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cajunlou

New
Reaction score
I am looking for a BC and have narrowed it down to one of the Zeagles (Scout / Stilleto / Tech / Zeagle Ranger LTD BC ). I have always rented BC's from the LDS, so must of what I have used in the past are ScubaPro. If anyone has advice about comparing these I would greatly appreciate it.
I am a warm water diver, getting back into the sport. One of my best friends is a Dive Master with some extensive certifications, so I am planning on extending my certifications (Advanced OW, Rescue, Nitrox, Tech). I know I am looking for a solid BC that travels well. I spend a lot of time out of the US, and want a BC that I can take with me.

I appreciate any advice / thoughts.

I went through the same comparisons for exactly the same reasons. Settled on the Stiletto. Smaller and not as much lift capacity, but who cares in warm water?

-Charles

If your traveling, the Scout is the lightest and smallest. It would do fine until you start tech then your going to need a lot more BC....and likely a BP. It's cheap enougth that buying it for now and adding a heafter BC later is not that big of a cost...and you can always sell it.

If you are going to get into tech diving then you should go ahead and get a BP/W. It shouldn't cost you any more than a BC and most of the time they are cheaper. You can also switch out wings so you can get a smaller wing until you need one for tech diving. They are also extremely customizable and comfortable.

to good thing about going with the zeagle is down the track if you should go backplate you can take the wing off your bc and attach it to your backplate

ive been diving with a zeagle tech for about 10yrs and love it and last year started diving bpw

cheers

to good thing about going with the zeagle is down the track if you should go backplate you can take the wing off your bc and attach it to your backplate

ive been diving with a zeagle tech for about 10yrs and love it and last year started diving bpw

cheers

I actually used a Scout wing on a BP for a while (well, briefly).

You can also special order the Ranger with an Stilleto (smaller) wing for warm water diving/travel. The ranger will also do doubles if you need to later on as well!

You can also special order the Ranger with an Stilleto (smaller) wing for warm water diving/travel. The ranger will also do doubles if you need to later on as well!

Or, you can buy a "Brigade," which is a "Ranger" with a 35 lb. bladder, rather than the stock 44 lb. They're only sold at ScubaToys.

I purchased one, but found that I needed more lift in the local, cold waters. I ordered a 65 lb. "Tech" bladder to swap out for local diving. So, I'll have a great travel BC and a great local BC.

I personally dive daily with a Stiletto. Great warm water BC. 35lbs lift more than enough
But I would suggest you consider a Dive Rite Because you can buy the backplate and wings seperate (actually a custom BC). this way you can add any options at a later date (increase the bladder size, pockets, D-rings, accessories. It is also a small (comparable in size) BC.

You can also buy a zeagle plate and wing seperate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom