Zeagle BCD straps changeable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go ahead and post them here, it will be helpful for future generations to see this conversation and spread the information around. In particular make sure we can see the plastic buckles on the shoulders so I can determine if it's a current style Ranger or not. We'll get you fitted. :)

9u9apape.jpg

sehepade.jpg

za9e5avu.jpg

Also, upon placing the cummerbund across my navel I had plenty of adjustment room, even after returning the the shoulder straps to their original positions behind the velcro. I think I'll keep my medium straps. Thanks! I'll be diving dry this weekend, which should prove it to be all sorted out.

I'd still be interested in what generation Ranger I have for future compatibility. I do plan to add a zip mount system and rear weight pockets.

Last edited:
Looking at the roll-up pocket installed on the vest I'd say it's an early 2000-ish Ranger BC, so all of our current hardware should mount just fine. Looks to be in pretty good shape, too. Did you check the Ripcord pockets and test them for functionality?

That is about what I figured. My neighbor/dive buddy has a Large LTD that is of a slightly newer generation (red reversed zippers and twin dump valves, but no secondary shoulder dump).

I have not tested the rip cord system yet because I do have not had soft weight to do so with and didn't want to drop a 2kg piece of lead on to my hard wood floors. I just picked up some weight from the LDS yesterday, so I'll be assymbling gear and inspecting everything tonight. When my Ranger arrived I did trace the rip cord to ensure it was properly threaded and it appeared to be in good condition. I guess I'll find out when I get home today!

Good to know on the compatibility. I apprecaite the help, and hope some others here can gain from it as well.

Well I went back into a different LDS and it turned out the gaskets in the at the dump valves and inflator were all bad and all were fixed with no issues. So being excited about a funcitonal BCD I gave it a try with the larger straps and found that the fit was great with my 3mm wetsuit. So seems like all of my concerns were taken care of and I'm up and running on a new to me Ranger LTD.

Update: I decided to get the M straps just in case I decide to travel with the BCD. I ordered them off of Zeagleexpress.com and everything arrived quickly and was exactly what I needed. Or at least so I thought. I got everything put together following the instructions on the Zeagle web resources and was immediately bummed when I realized the straps I had ordered had a different (smaller) type of plastic clip on them then the ones I had. Wondering if the Zeagle folks have any ideas on if I could return the ones I ordered for ones that would be compatible with my BCD or anything else they could think of? Here's picture of what I'm talking about:
IMG_0781 (Medium).jpg

I wish I had asked for pictures when you mentioned changing shoulder sizes. What you have is an older, pre-Airloc buckle style Ranger LTD. As you see, the two styles of buckles are not compatible. I'll give you the part number of what you need but let me confirm what you have, just in case I'm getting you and ludwigsv confused.

You have a 2007-ish Ranger LTD in size Large (for comparison sake, this is the current Ranger LTD). You are looking to replace the shoulder section with a size Medium, correct? You'll need to replace it with p/n 7962-M. The folks at Zeagle Express have excellent customer service, if there is a problem just tell them to get a hold of me (Jeffrey Fox).

Jeff - yeah I purchased it used and 2007 fits with what the guy told me. Everything on the BCD is medium except for the straps which was what prompted me to want the medium straps. I will get in touch with the Zeagle express folks and pass your name on if there is any issue. Thanks for the assistance as always. If you ever find your way to Okinawa, I'll owe you a drink!

Back
Top Bottom