Zeagle DS-4 / ZX DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erich

Contributor
Reaction score
Not planning on doing this, but would like to know.

Is the ZX 2nd stage able to be disasembled underwater without tools? According to my reading this is one of the stipulations for being DIR approved. Again I am not qualified to attempt this, just looking to learn. Any comments on this regulator would also be welcome.

The balanced Zeagle ZX is a fine regulator and yes, it can be disassembled u/w without any tools. Especially after you loosen the cover once, before you take it diving. (They really put them on there tight at Zeagle!)

How far are they expecting you to break your reg down? Do you bring extra poppet valve and O-rings to facilitate repairs? Maybe one should bring an extra Second stage in lieu of all that? My Micra would be small enough to stow another on my person. The only time I have had my reg puke was after it was “professionally serviced”. Now I do my own, but the front of the Micra would require a screwdriver at least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom