Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe BCD for Instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Scott, that's what I was hoping, don't know why all the online places only have the 24# option, nowhere did I see the option for the bigger wings. I'll just have to call them or go in person.

Thanks Scott,

I am after a balance between a travel/lightweight BC and a modular BC that can be updated or up graded depending on what path diving takes me.

I don't know if I will use double tanks in the next few months, but who knows - never say never?

I can't remember if it was the Tech10 or a BC called a 'concept' (could well be wrong on that.) Looked like one of them was fully modular and not too bulky.

My wife and I both dive and travel a lot for work, so weight/bulk is always a consideration.

If I do go with the Express Tech, how much to upgrade to a 35lb or 44lb bladder? And are these a rugged, retractable bladder?

Thanks for your input Scott,

Billy

The bladder is made of the exact same material as the 24# bladder, and the same as the bladder on the Stiletto BC, which is a 1000 denier heavy duty cordura style.

I don't have pricing handy, but I belive that the difference is like $25-$50 or so....

Thanks,

Scott

Can anyone give me any feedback or comparisons of the Express Tech VS the Tech 10 please?

Also, I am very tall and thin, so my weight/chest/waist says i'm a meduim, but my height says i'm a large... which should I go for? I pretty much only dive in a 3 or 5mm suit.

Thanks

Thanks for your posts so far guys.
I guess a lot of it is just getting used to the gear you have eh? I remember the first snowboard I ever taught on... Hahaha
Capt. Gene - you mentioned upgrading the bladder and fitting a "519-WS120" what is this? And do Zeagle allow you to buy the deluxe kit with a different bladder, if so, which bladder would you recommend?

I ordered one of these very popular bc's in with the new 30# Donut bladder.
I want to look at it before recomending anyone upgrade to the more expensive bladder. More lift with less drag is a good concept!
The 519-WS120 is the ZipTouch weight system that bolts to the side of the plate at the rear and at the front is held in place by the belly strap sliding through a loop on the inside edge of the weight pocket. A $69 option I believe.
The 519-WS130 is the single point release Ripcord weight system, about $90, hooks on same as the above but might be a better choice for a bigger girth diver because the weight can be carried slightly farther forward. This will help keep the rig down on the divers hips while horizonal especially if diving an aluminum tank with pressure below 1500 psi.

Back
Top Bottom