Zeagle Flathead XP???????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mostly just rec diving and spearfishing. Warm water diving only.

Fantastic reg, it will handle ANYTHING you can throw at it in water above 50 degrees or so. Below that you can add an environmental seal kit and convert it into a Flathead VI. But seriously, if you are looking just at warmer water, that reg will do absolutely anything you ask it to do.

I have this reg. It is fabulous. At 145fsw my breathing exertion feels no different from shallower pressures. I ended up putting the enviro kit on mine. I also bought a FlatheadVI for a sling. I put the enviro on for cold water as stated earlier.

Mostly just rec diving and spearfishing. Warm water diving only.

It would be a good choice for recreational diving and spearfishing in warm water. For cold water I would suggest something else. Zeagle makes great products.

Jeff

Ok thanks I got to pick one up at a pretty decent deal I think. Paid 240 brand new. I live in Texas so most of my diving is in the gulf, plus I really do not like cold water that much. I also picked up the Mares Abyss 22. Figured that I could use etiher or its always good to have a back up set.

Another question. How much does the enviro kit cost? and would I benefit from this in anyway?

I'm not sure how much it costs, but in warm clear water, it doesn't really give you any benefit. The benefit is either in cold water, where it keeps the internals dry and therefore less likely to freeze, and in dirty contaminated water, where you could get a bunch of unwanted crap in the reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom