Zeagle or Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cenobite

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After 20 years it's time for a new set of regs. I have narrowed it down to zeagle flathead 7 or scubapro mk17 with either A700 or G250V. Does anyone have any advice on weight and ease of breathing. I like my regs to be dry. I have been told the scubapro A700 is inferior but I am concerned the G250V is going to be big & cumbersome/heavy. I don't know anyone with zeagles but a friend who services them said they are great. Thanks in advance.

Thanks ZenDiver, The design of the 1st stage is one of the things I've been looking at. The lower profile looks like an advantage.

The G250 is wonderful, not big, not cumbersome, not heavy, and very tolerant: I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of servicing mine after 10 years.

I have both the Flathead 7 w/Z octo and the G-250V /the MK17.

I have had the Flathead down to 130' with no issues. It breathed well at that depth even with a 2 + knot current. The coldest water temp was 40 degrees at 55’ with no free flow or breathing issues. The Zeagle customer service is fantastic. As Zen mentioned, I like the design for hose configuration also. I prefer the Flathead over the G-250V.

I have only had the G-250V down to 85’ at 43 degrees. No free flow or breathing issues either. My wife prefers the G-250V over the Flathead. She feels it breathes better for her. My son also has the 250. As for the G-250v feeling big and cumbersome, I really haven't notice it anymore than the Flathead.

Both regs breathe dry while inverted.

Either one will be a great reg that will last for a long time.

Both are great regs from great companies so you really can't go wrong with either. Both are diaphram first stages with very similar designed seconds so performance and ruggedness are going to be the same. If it were my decision, I would base it on 3 things in this order: which I liked the best, what my local tech services/LDS sells and price .

After 20 years it's time for a new set of regs. I have narrowed it down to zeagle flathead 7 or scubapro mk17 with either A700 or G250V. Does anyone have any advice on weight and ease of breathing. I like my regs to be dry. I have been told the scubapro A700 is inferior but I am concerned the G250V is going to be big & cumbersome/heavy. I don't know anyone with zeagles but a friend who services them said they are great. Thanks in advance.

Both are very good as mentioned. I am a SP fan thus my obvious choice. I would however suggest the GV250 as it is a lot lighter than the A700. The S600 is also a GREAT second.

Both are great regs! I have them both and love them. Easy breathing at depth, work very well in cold and nevr free flow at least not with me.:D Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom