Zeagle & Princeton Tec Kudos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133

lost, even with a compass
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I usually don't do the kudos thing but after the week that I have had I will take the plunge.

Within the past three weeks I had a zipper break on my Zeagle BC and flood of a Princeton Tech dive light. It has been my time for dive gear problems. I PM'd ScottZeagle here on the board about the zipper figuring on a $50 repair bill. NOPE, call for a RA number and it will be repaired free of charge. :doh:
Emailed Princeton Tec about the light. Got an email back 2 days later, totally surprised. No problem, send it in for full repair or replacement.
No questions by either company about how it happened, how old the unit is, where I bought it, NOTHING. Scott did say that he knew where I bought the BC so that wasn't an issue.

So why is it that dive gear manufacturers can take care of problems like this with so little problems? Take something else back that you have used for a year, even if it has a life time warranty, and they want to pro rate the charges or something else totally stupid.

My dive hood off to Zeagle and Princeton Tec.

I took a Zeagle Ranger to a LDS for a repair of a leaking dump valve. I was billed for the repair, which consisted of some teflon tape wrapped around the threads of the bladder where it attached to the dump. It was a totally unsatisfactory repair. I wrote Zeagle. Sent it back and got a new bladder replacement at no charge. Perfect customer service. That was one of the best experiences dealing with the dive industry I have had. It was also the last time I dealt with that local dive shop. I have told a lot of other divers that story and I have advised many divers to buy Zeagles. Dozens have and they are happy with the product. Zeagle is not the only BC I dive. I have BP/Wiings and even dive horsecollars. But I know I can depend on a Zeagle and get manufacturer's support. It is a good bunch of people to do business with.

Rule #1 always contact the factory first. I ran into a similar situation where the LDS wanted to charge me. I told them that the manufacturer said it would be repaired free of charge. They thought I was full of crap. When I showed them the email from the manufacturer they honored it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom