Zeagle Ranger 911

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a really stupid designation.

I have the Zeagle Tech BC it's very similar to the 911.

The thing I like most about it is that the hip straps can be snugged up firmly and most of the weight can be transferred to the hips similar to a good backpack. This is ideal for shore dives that require a significant walk to access. A minor nicety is the zip cord seems less likely to release accidentally or break. I have seen several divers have issues with the clips on their conventional weight pockets. But never on a Zeagle.

The thing I like least is the 65lb. wing. It is ridiculously large for a single tank, and is really big even for most doubles rigs. Diving locally with my dry suit and lots of weight it doesn't bug me much, but diving in warm water with a shortie and only a little weight it noticeable adds drag.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have spent half the money on a BP/W from DSS with a reasonably sized singles wing.

One day when I feel flush with cash I will replace it. Until that day I'll keep diving it.

I can't agree with sschlesi more. The fit and comfort is outstanding, but it really boils down to you, the diving you enjoy and your need. You didn't really mention if you had a more technical need or if you just like the bcd. Over the years I've found about 90% of the divers out there don't need anywhere near the lift they have in their bcd. For the average recreational diver that 65lb lift bladder is huge!

For the majority of diving I do (and again... just because I feel it's perfect for me, doesn't mean I'm implying it is for you. ) the Zeagle Stiletto bcd is equally as comfortable, packs for travel better and isn't nearly as large and bulky over all with plenty of lift.

I am looking to the future a little bit with the 911. It does have more than enough lift for a 200 lb diver with a 119 cu.ft. steel tank. Sometime in the future I would like to double up 2 119's and I think the 911 is the ticket for myself. I have a Ranger right now an love it. Thanks for the input.

Hey! Didn't you get the memo? Intelligent forethought isn't allowed. It's been banned by the scuba keystone cops and isn't to be tollerated. :wink:

Sounds like you are on the right track! Enjoy!

Boggy I dive the ranger ltd and its an outstanding setup for most recreational diving. Its got I think a 40 pound bladder (Dont blast me if I am wrong just going off memory) and its completely upgradeable for most any and all needs a diver would ever need. (Disclaimer is recreational not tech). Now its advertised as being well suited for tech diving too and I would not trade it for the world.

Now the only one single draw back to this bcd is that its a tad bulky and therefore requires a little extra planning in the way you pack for a trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom