Zeagle Ranger bladder issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruxpot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Zeagle Ranger that I took for a test dive before a trip. Noticed leaking inflator and took it to the shop. They then discovered the plastic hose connector where the corrugated inflator hose attaches to the bladder was cracked and actually came off. They said I need a new bladder since the plastic piece that cracked is built into the bladder.

Questions:
1) The bladders are not cheap at over $100 for an inner bladder. Is this not covered under lifetime warranty? BCD is over 10 years old and he said its just age or rot that caused it to fail. I have receipt and am original owner.

2) Cheapest way to get parts outside of warranty? Seems like you have to go through a dive shop that is a Zeagle dealer.

3) What is the recommended inflator and/or hose to buy for Zeagle? Mine was leaking bubbles where the supply hose attaches and bubbles were also coming out of the mouthpiece. Thanks.

Good luck with that!! I am trying to get a replacement bladder for an older Zeagle and have been informed that it could be a long wait for the right one. However it could be a shorter wait for one that will require some mods. In my opinion,,Zeagle has gone to crap since the buy out.

As the shop noted, if the bladder connection is cracked you need a new bladder. If Zeagle has the bladder order it, stuff in there, and go diving. The other option is to look for a used Zeagle for just the bladder chances are it will cost more than $100 and then the bladder is used.

Good luck with that!! I am trying to get a replacement bladder for an older Zeagle and have been informed that it could be a long wait for the right one. However it could be a shorter wait for one that will require some mods. In my opinion,,Zeagle has gone to crap since the buy out.

How old is the BCD? Which one? If it has been discontinued then I could see it being hard to get a replacement. The wait might just because they need to pull out the old patterns and specially make the replacement you need. If they are doing something like that consider yourself lucky many other large brands would tell you nothing is available.

1) The bladders are not cheap at over $100 for an inner bladder. Is this not covered under lifetime warranty? BCD is over 10 years old and he said its just age or rot that caused it to fail. I have receipt and am original owner.
You should ask Zeagle but I bet it's just considered maintenance and they won't cover it. That's super impressive that you got 10 years from a bladder. I had to replace the bladder in my diverite wing after 5 years. It also cost me $100. I thought that since it was around 20% of the cost of a new BCD and the bladder is the important part of the bcd that it was a good price.

The current Inflator is the BX - it allows you to flush the bladder with a garden hose,

http://www.mcssl.com/store/zeagleexpress/catalog/search?keyword=inflator

it needs to have the pin inside the inflator itself to activate the left shoulder dump with the cable otherwise you could get a cheaper one that fits the hose.

I've heard of several problems with older Rangers cracking like yours - the solution is to buy a new bladder since (I believe) the fitting s sonically welded to the bladder. I'm expecting mine to go sometime as it's about 15 years old now. I try to minimize stress on it by not using that dumo much.

Back
Top Bottom