For Sale Zeagle Rapid Diver BC for Safety Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

socarwest

Rescue Diver
Reaction score
$300 plus shipping
Comes as pictured also comes with tank straps for a full size tank for the back. Purchased this used with intent to use it but plans have since changed.
20160710_194731.jpg
20160710_194755.jpg

Looks like you wear if over your head like a life vest. Everything is in front instead of your back.

Not really interested....but pretty cool for what it is. Hope this helps show what it is.

Nice vid. Jump to 4min mark.

yeah, this is exactly what I found on it already. I'm hoping I can pick this one up, and convince my department to buy more of them. would be an amazing tool to have.

How often do you have a scuba certified rescue diver show up at a scene within a minute?

Interestingly enough, I have watched incidents happen and called them in myself. It depends on the location too and a bunch of factors. Our county isn't that well prepared as far as a "Dive Team" goes. I working to change that. The "captain" is only advanced open water certified, and most equipment we have comes out of our own pocket. I've put myself thru several classes and bought all my own gear thus far. It's a political mess really, and very frustrating.

Recently there was a car chase involving a stolen car in my city that ended with the car going into a pond and three teenage girls in the car drowned. If the officer in pursuit had been trained and certified in scuba and if they had that gear they may have been able to save one or more of the girls. But that's a lot of ifs. And how often do car chases end up with the car in a pond? Probably not often enough for the police to justify the expense of training all their officers in scuba and equiping them with that gear.
But if I was a cop and certified to dive I would want one even if I had to pay for it out of my own pocket, because you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom