Zeagle regulators: Flathead XP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tampausmc

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a zeagle flathead xp and a zeagle envoy octo. I'm moving into the cavern/cave diving arena in the next month and i'm wondering if anyone uses the zeagle regs and if it will be reliable for this type of diving. It is highly recommended by the dive shop but that's just because they primarily sell zeagle. Any zeagle regulator stories or opinions welcome.....thanks for the info....

They are a good reliable reg. I thought they were the best thing ever until I dove with the Dive Rite Hurricanes. Divers Supply in Tampa actually has 2 in stock right now. Where in Tampa did you purchase your Zeagle stuff?

Rico867:
They are a good reliable reg. I thought they were the best thing ever until I dove with the Dive Rite Hurricanes. Divers Supply in Tampa actually has 2 in stock right now. Where in Tampa did you purchase your Zeagle stuff?

EZ Scuba.....

tampausmc:
EZ Scuba.....
Not a fan of EZ it's a shame they sell Zeagle, because Zeagle is a great company. When I was in there I saw them sell an inflator hose separately from the purchase of a Zeagle BC for an extra $20. Shops like this one deter people from supporting their LDS.

You'll have no problem using the Zeagls. They are essentially a direct descendent of the APEKs regs. They are not nearly as common, from what I understand, as the APEKs, ScubaPros and DiveRites down in Cave Country, but they are a good, solid regulator that will serve you well. As a matter of fact, I'm in the process of setting up a Zeagle setup myself.

Giff

Rico867:
Not a fan of EZ it's a shame they sell Zeagle, because Zeagle is a great company. When I was in there I saw them sell an inflator hose separately from the purchase of a Zeagle BC for an extra $20. Shops like this one deter people from supporting their LDS.

:shakehead

They sold someone the inflator host that's included when you purchase a Zeagle BC??

Pathetic.

I love my Zeagles. I dive ZX-DSV's up here in Canada. Pretty much all of it deep cold Great Lakes diving, and they perform flawlessly. Plus customer service kicks ***.

Jim

Yes, they sure did and I called Zeagle about it and they said they would speak to the owner. As a matter of fact I was working in there because I guess as a divemaster you are required to put some hours in at the Dive shop. I remember specifically setting up a stiletto and a ranger and was told not to leave the hose attached to the BC because it was an easy way to make an extra $20 on the BC. I really try to support my LDS but when stuff like this happens it's hard not to shop around. Everyone that walked into that store paid different prices on dive equipment. You were tested first to see how knowledgeable you were on prices and if you had none and this was sensed you were charged to the max. If you pulled up in a Mercedes you were charged to the max.

Thanks for all of the feedback....i was just checking to make sure i got some quality stuff....no one really seems to use the flathead xp though i've noticed....usually only the 50d or the flathead VI

tampausmc:
Thanks for all of the feedback....i was just checking to make sure i got some quality stuff....no one really seems to use the flathead xp though i've noticed....usually only the 50d or the flathead VI
Only difference between Flathead VI and Flathead is the VI is environmentally sealed for cold water diving. Don't need it, if your diving in FL.

Back
Top Bottom