Zeagle regulators: Flathead XP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rico867:
Only difference between Flathead VI and Flathead is the VI is environmentally sealed for cold water diving. Don't need it, if your diving in FL.

I'm am by no means an expert here, but I believe that the environmental seal also protects against sediment and other contaminants.

Rico867:
They are a good reliable reg. I thought they were the best thing ever until I dove with the Dive Rite Hurricanes. Divers Supply in Tampa actually has 2 in stock right now. Where in Tampa did you purchase your Zeagle stuff?

What do you prefer about the DR (Beauchat) Hurricanes?

The effortless breathing.

I would say mine breathes pretty effortlessly....i don't have alot of experience with other regs since any dive below 60 feet has all been done on the flathead xp...down to 130.....that's interesting though.....i wonder if i would notice the difference if i used a different reg....

I haven't used that Beauchat/DR Hurricane, but I have dove the previous best from Beauchat, being the VX10 Iceberg, and I personally found the Zeagle much smoother. I may just have to get my hands on a Hurricane and give it a shot.

I'm no expert either but it's a night and day difference with the Flathead and Hurricane. The Zeagle reg was good but the hurricane reg was great. Everyone that tries my hurricanes ends up buying one.

Back
Top Bottom