Zeagle Resort opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kld223

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for a reliable, relatively inexpensive regulator. I noticed Zeagle Resort is touted by Scuba Lab as a good breather in all positions and an excellent value. Several experienced divers (friends) have used and liked Zeagle. I will only dive warmer waters during 2 to 4 trips per year. Of course, reliability is first priority.:dork2: Any suggestions or opinions?

I would say that the Zeagle is a good reg, however...you will pay at least $100 annually to have it serviced and as Aqua Lung makes the parts in the first place, you might as well go right to horses mouth. A /titan or Legend may cost a little more at the start, but they are of the best breathing regs on the market today, and have a lifetime guarantee on all parts -- you pay only for the technicians time and he/she changes all o-rings and seats annually. You really can't do much better. Stick with Zeagle for BC's, not regs.

I would say that the Zeagle is a good reg, however...you will pay at least $100 annually to have it serviced and as Aqua Lung makes the parts in the first place, you might as well go right to horses mouth. A /titan or Legend may cost a little more at the start, but they are of the best breathing regs on the market today, and have a lifetime guarantee on all parts -- you pay only for the technicians time and he/she changes all o-rings and seats annually. You really can't do much better. Stick with Zeagle for BC's, not regs.
zeagle envoy or envoy deluxe aren't much more money and zeagle comes with a lifetime parts warranty if you have it serviced annually which the tech will also change all the o rings and seats annually. both of these earned perfect scores in
rondales testing and would be considerably less expensive to purchase ( shop around and you can find the deluxe w/ free envoy octo for around $300)and apex ( aqua lung )does not and has not made zeagle regs for quite a while now.
i trained on a titan w/apex octo and can tell you i prefer my envoy deluxe w/ envoy octo much better. but thats just me. either of these regs zeagle or aqua lung will serve you very well. you'll just have a few extra bucks to to spend on more diving goodies if you choose the zeagle.

First of all Zeagle makes their own regs now, so you are not buying a rebadged Aqua Lung.

I use the Zeagle DSV. More expensive than you want but not the point. I believe all the Zeagle regs perform higher than what the US Navy requires. A Zeagle is what the Navy Seals use too. Personally I would look more at the Envoy Deluxe. I prefer having an adjustable second stage which it has. That is my preferenc however. You can also get an environmental kit for the Envoy which will make environmentally sealed. Don't know if that is a feature you would like. My safe second is the regular Envoy and I can say that it breathes very well. I have not tried it below 100 feet though. Another thing I like about the Zeagles is the service kit. The annual service kit has fewer parts to it by almost half compared to most other popular brands. I like this because it means it has fewer parts to accomplish the same goal of providing you air. Having less moving parts means less chance for failure. I love all of my Zeagle equipment and would not hesitate to buy them again and recommend them. My wife and I both have the same regulator set up and both have Zeagle BC's.

When I wrote the first part of this thread, I meant to discuss the Envoy or Envoy Deluxe rather than the Rezort (confusion from looking at too many articles). I have since had time to research more and find that I really like the Zeagle Envoy Deluxe. And yes, the adjustable second stage is a big plus for me. While trying a borrowed Envoy Deluxe, it worked well, breathed easy in 40 feet (no deep water available). The Scuba Lab report shows that it tested well. It appears to be a great bang for the buck. Thanks for the helpful opinions.

Another thing I like about the Zeagles is the service kit. The annual service kit has fewer parts to it by almost half compared to most other popular brands. I like this because it means it has fewer parts to accomplish the same goal of providing you air. Having less moving parts means less chance for failure.

Ummm, just because the kits have fewer parts does not mean that the reg has fewer parts; it just means that fewer parts are replaced annually.

The scubapro MK2 kit has two o-rings and a seat; the R190 kit has one o-ring, a seat, and a locknut. If you're looking for low parts count, that's about as low as you can go. Personally, I wouldn't get too hung up on the parts count. The zeagle regs, like any decent, reputable reg, will work great and be very reliable as long as you take care of it. Most companies have the "free parts for life" bit, which is nothing to write home about as the rebuild parts cost the manufacturer a few pennies, while you're spending $75-100/year to get it serviced, depending on the LDS, just to keep the warranty valid.

The zeagle envoy gets mentioned frequently as a "best value" in "entry level" regs and I bet you'd be very happy with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom