Zeagle Ripcord - Mis-threading???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well as long as you know how it is threaded it is a cinch! I re-threaded it last night (took about 3 minutes per pocket) and put 4lbs weight in each pocket and shook the b/c like mad. Not weights went flying.

Have to say the system works! But the manual I got with the b/c was not nearly as detailed as the online one

Thanks again.

Scubydoobydoo:
But the manual I got with the b/c was not nearly as detailed as the online one

That's quite possible!!!!

We subscribe to the "Men don't actually READ the manual - but they will surf the net for info" theory...

:D

Glad to hear that you got it all squared away!!!!

Take care and thanks for asking here - it helps get the info out to other divers!

Scott

ScottZeagle:
"Men don't actually READ the manual - but they will surf the net for info"

Don't forget... we'll also spend 30 minutes searching the net for an answer, instead of making a 2 minute phone call.

-Brandon.

phone? what is that?

I hear that. I've been reading myself into circles comparing BCs online. I thought I had a choice and then went to Our World Underwater in Chicago this past weekend to try them on and ended up getting more confused. I was leaning towards Mares, but I kept hearing about Zeagle. I liked what I saw, but am still worried about the ripcord and changing to a back inflate BC. I'm not worried about the ripcord anymore, but still not certain if I want to go back inflate. So, instead I keep reading and reading.

Welcome to the board.
The rip cord is only a problem for those who don't understand it or maybe I should say don't take the time to understand it.
Back inflates do dive a little different but you very rarely hear of anyone who learns how the dive one go back to a jacket style.

See if you can find a shop in your area that will at least let you try a few models in the pool.

Try a jacket bc and a back inflate in the same session, see what you prefer.

Comparing online is well and good, but trying in person (when possible) is even better. There's probably some divers here in the Chicago area that would be more than happy to help you out.

Might try a post in the Midwest Muck Diver's forum:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=312

-Brandon.

niu_roadkill:
I hear that. I've been reading myself into circles comparing BCs online. I thought I had a choice and then went to Our World Underwater in Chicago this past weekend to try them on and ended up getting more confused. I was leaning towards Mares, but I kept hearing about Zeagle. I liked what I saw, but am still worried about the ripcord and changing to a back inflate BC. I'm not worried about the ripcord anymore, but still not certain if I want to go back inflate. So, instead I keep reading and reading.

I was concerned about going to a back inflate for about 5 minutes, then realized that my priority was to have better trim and buoyancy IN the water, not on the surface. I didn't have anyway to try my Zena in the water prior to purchase, so definitely bought based on dry fit and reading.

During my first dive, I couldn't believe the difference! I would never consider going back to a jacket style BC. In order to test the "pushed on your face" thing that some people report, I started inflating my Zena at the surface. When it was about 2/3 of the way full, it began pushing me forward. I then leaned back and rode it like a recliner. I kept inflating the wing, and at 100% inflation it was a little harder to lean back into it, and it definitely wanted to push me forward.

What was very clear from my little experiment was: 1) It would push me forward in the water if inflated enough. 2) Leaning back to relax on the surface was MUCH more comfortable than being held up by the airpits in a vertical position. 3) My wing brought my head easily above water with just partial inflation. And 4) I can't think of any instance where I'd need to inflate my wing 100%.

Just my 2 cents.

Since I bought my Brigade just over a year ago I have had 3 buddies that regret not buying a back inflate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom