Zeagle Stiletto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Tonight I was helping out with an Open Water class. One of the students brought a Zeagle Stiletto BCD that he had borrowed from a friend. While the class was being instructed on how to assemble their kits, the weight drop rip cord got pulled. The student did not have any idea how to re-assemble the weight pockets. So not to hold up the class, I gave my BCD to the student to use and then I sat off to the side and re-thread the rip cords. The borrowed Stiletto unfortunately does not have the weight pouches that fit inside the weight pockets that lend themselves for weight removal and weight ditching exercises; thus this could be a distraction for the student's training to a small degree. So the student will continue to use my BCD during the class and I will use his Stiletto.

I have heard many good things about Zeagle BCDs. I even bought one last fall for my GF as an early Christmas Gift (which she loves...especially the "Grape" colored panels and the custom fit). So I was very interested to see how the Stiletto performed.

I was not disappointed with the Stiletto. I have to admit, the fit was extremely comfortable; one of the best I have ever worn. Tonight we did the Confined Water Dive #1 so we did not venture too deep into the lagoon. So I cannot really tell how it trims out yet, however, with all of the weights in the front pockets, everything felt great and the tank stayed where it was suppost to be. I did do a little tour (10') and it felt pretty darn good. Tomorrow I will distribute my weights more evenly between the front weight pockets and the back trim pockets.

I just bought my current BCD a couple of months ago for teaching in the States; my stateside local dive shop's policy was to use same gear they sell. Since I lost a lot of weight my BCD was extremely too big and I also usually dive with a BP/W. So no big deal I bought a well known brand BCD. I really like my new BCD and I am very happy with it, especially for teaching. However, the next time I am looking for a new personal BCD, I will keep the Zeagles in mind.

BTW - Now I want to try a Ranger :)

~Oldbear~

Back
Top Bottom