Zeagle Tech 50D and Z50D Regs reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought a used diving setup for my wife that includes the Zeagle Tech 50D primary reg and Z50D octo on a pony bottle. I'm wondering if any of you have these, and if they're good regulators? Also, I'm wondering if the Z50D could be used as a primary regulator? I did all kinds of searches and couldn't find anything about these on this board, or anywhere else for that matter!

We're diving mostly in warm water, but are looking into diving some fresh cold water near home in Lake Roosevelt.

Thanks.

I dive the Zeagle DSV (DSIV) first stage with the ZX second stage. It is a superb reg. You can find out all kinds of information on Zeagle at www.zeagle.com . Someone I know that has been repairing regs for more than 20 years told me Zeagle is one of the best regs on the market.

Thanks DSV. I'm not that familiar with Zeagle, so I don't know how your setup compares with mine? Maybe you or someone has an idea.

The Tech 50 is a step up from mine. That's why I gave you the link to the Zeagle site, all you want to know about those regs is there.

paperdesk:
Thanks DSV. I'm not that familiar with Zeagle, so I don't know how your setup compares with mine? Maybe you or someone has an idea.

The older Zeagle regs are Apeks. Zeagle sold these in the US for the last 15-20 years and then started making their own regs. In either case you have excellent performing regs for any application

GDI:
The older Zeagle regs are Apeks. Zeagle sold these in the US for the last 15-20 years and then started making their own regs. In either case you have excellent performing regs for any application

Ok. That helps put it into perspective. Thanks for the history. I'll check out the Zeagle site too. I'm just on 26.4k dialup here at home, and keep getting disconnected. I'll probably go into work to be on DSL and check out the site.

So am I right in understanding that the two second stages I have are the same, but the first stages are different? The Zeagle site doesn't list my setup as far as I can tell.

Well, it has the D50 but not the setup I seem to have. I'm something of a newbie since I've always rented before and didn't pay much attention to the models etc. Thanks for your help. I'm just still wondering if my "octo" regulator that was used on the pony could be a primary reg setup.

In a word, yes. :D

paperdesk:
Well, it has the D50 but not the setup I seem to have. I'm something of a newbie since I've always rented before and didn't pay much attention to the models etc. Thanks for your help. I'm just still wondering if my "octo" regulator that was used on the pony could be a primary reg setup.

Back
Top Bottom