zeagle tech 50D or apeks ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

james van swol

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking at both of these regulators. What I would like to know is if there is enough of a difference between the two regs to make it worth paying the extra $$$ for the ATX200. Any feedback would be appreciated!

the Zeagle 50D,and the Apeks TX50 are Identical regs all manufactured by Apeks

you must be thinking used regs since the ATX has been out of production for a few years now, the ATX200 or XTX200 is the top end Apeks reg.

Basically they are both very good regs and depends on the type of diving you will be doing.

what kind of Diver are you and are you looking at buying new or used ?

the Zeagle 50D,and the Apeks TX50 are Identical regs all manufactured by Apeks

you must be thinking used regs since the ATX has been out of production for a few years now, the ATX200 or XTX200 is the top end Apeks reg.

Basically they are both very good regs and depends on the type of diving you will be doing.

what kind of Diver are you and are you looking at buying new or used ?

Not quite.
Apeks and Zeagle parted company when Aqualung's parent company, Air Liquide, bought Apeks around the year 2000. Zeagle has been making their own regs since that time.

zeagle tech 50D or apeks ATX200 - I am looking at both of these regulators. What I would like to know is if there is enough of a difference between the two regs to make it worth paying the extra $$$ for the ATX200.
As another poster mentioned, you appear to be considering used regs, since the ATX200 was replaced by the XTX200 several years ago. And, the type of diving you are doing may have some influence on an answer. I own a number of 50Ds (6) and ATX200s (2). I use the 50Ds for single tank rec, doubles tec (backmount or sidemount), and deco bottles, and the ATX200s for doubles tec (backmount). Both are excellent regs (breath very well), function well in cold water, are excellent at depth (e.g. 200'), and are very durable. For backmount doubles, I slightly prefer the physical configuration and hose routing of the ATX200. Reliability is outstanding with both. I have had a minor, recurring freeflow problem with one of my ATX first stages. Have had a swivel O ring blow on a 50D first stage. No problems with second stages on either model. I find servicing the 50D to be a little more straightforward, and Zeagle technical support (Jim Fox) is excellent, but that is also a very slight preference. For recreational diving, if there is a substantial price difference, I would probably go with the 50D. For doubles, unless the price difference was REALLY big, I would probably go with the ATX200. But, those are minor personal preferences and both regs are outstanding. Only one definite difference for me - when I bought the ATX200s, I was introduced to the Comfo-Bite mouthpiece. I have since changed all my regs (including my 50Ds) to that mouthpiece. It is the best I have ever used.

Last edited:
This statement is 100% incorrect.

:idk:

zeagletec50datamax.jpg

Zeagle Tech 50D

apeks8-19-1.jpg

TX50

Hmmmm looks Identical to me ?

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/jpdive/DSC02328.JPG
http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/jpdive/DSC02311.JPG

this Image has the Apeks Logo on the 2nd Stage, while branded as a Zeagle Tech 50d
http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/jpdive/DSC02317.JPG

Care to revise your Previous statment ?

I have zeagle regs, and they are awesome!!! They breath at 20 ft, like they do at 120ft.Plus the warr. is great, if you have a problem , Zeagle is there to take care of it rightaway...

Last edited:
I have zeagle regs, and they are awesome!!! They breath at 20 ft, like thgey do at 120ft.Plus the warr. is great, if you have a problem , Zeagle is there to take care of it rightaway...

Thanks, Keith - but you are falling into the same trap that I fell into...:D

The original poster is comparing OLD Zeagle branded regs, whcih were made by Apeks.

We no longer have the parts, nor the ability to service those old Apeks made regs.

Back
Top Bottom