zeagle tech 50D or apeks ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for all the great information on zeagle regs--- yes both the tech 50 and atx200 are about four to five years old. I understand that both are great regs. I am just trying to justify the price difference between the two, the atx being arount $150.00 more or so.

I am looking at recreational diving in warm water 20' to 85'

The Tech 50D will do anything you need it to do, and can be services where Apeks regs can be serviced. (Since Zeagle can no longer provide parts) since it's identical to the TX50. ( I am assuming we are talking about the Apeks made Tech 50D)

If we are talking about a Zeagle made 50D, I would go for the Apeks, they are one of the few companies that parts are available around the world without too much trouble (Scubapro, Aqualung are the two others) but this only comes into play if you plan on traveling in some "remote" or "isolated" locations.

Cheers

thanks for all the great information on zeagle regs--- yes both the tech 50 and atx200 are about four to five years old. I understand that both are great regs. I am just trying to justify the price difference between the two, the atx being arount $150.00 more or so.

James -

As much as I should probably just leave this thread alone, I have to tell you that there is no way that the TECH 50D is four or five years old. That Apeks made regulator has not been produced or sold in over 10 years!!

Does the regulator look like the one in the picture above, or does it look like this:

ZX 50D - Regulator Models - Regulators - Zeagle Dive Systems

While it may be true that parts kits would be easier to find in remote locations for the Aqualung line, we do allow our dealers to sell parts kits to consumers, so for a very low cost you could simply carry a spare set with you. :wink:

Regardless, best of luck on your selection, and dive safe!

Scott

While it may be true that parts kits would be easier to find in remote locations for the Aqualung line, we do allow our dealers to sell parts kits to consumers, so for a very low cost you could simply carry a spare set with you. :wink:

Regardless, best of luck on your selection, and dive safe!

Scott

Scott,

For the reason highlighted above (in addition to the fact that the Zeagles are great regs) all my new regulator purchases will be Zeagle.

I hope you always have this policy, it helps Zeagle stand apart from the other brands.

I service my own regulators, and have been extremely pleased by the performance of the two Flathead VI's I own, and I'm impressed with the obvious forethought that went into their engineering.... a talented 5 year old could service these regulators and get them to breath great, and that speaks volumes for how much thought went into the design.

Best wishes.

yes both the tech 50 and atx200 are about four to five years old. ... I am just trying to justify the price difference between the two, the atx being arount $150.00 more or so. ...I am looking at recreational diving in warm water 20' to 85'
There isn't a functional reason to justify the expense of ATX200 given your comments. I am a bit surprised at the price difference for what appear to be very 'mature' regs.

Scott
My apologies, the Apex reg is 4 to 5 years old. I don't know the age of the 50D, but from what I am seeing from this post I am thinking it is a lot older than the apeks.

The reg looks like the one from above all metal without the black plastic end piece.

Check with zeagleexpress - they seems to still have Flathead VI for an awesome price. I own 3 of them now and placed an order for another one. That was a flagship reg until replaced by FH7. I see no difference in breathing quality from the surface to down 130 ft.

I have them on my doubles and on the stage.

Even though it gives me some discomfort with the service as none of them are purchased in Canada and I have to pay for the service I still went with Zeagle. What sold me on it is very good performing reg, ease of getting parts and kits and outstanding customer service. 2 weeks ago I sent Scott a message on SB with the question around midnight and I got the answer next afternoon, which was within 4 business hours. And I got the answer I was looking for.

I did not have a chance to compare them to Apeks yet, but I did compare with Scubapro MK17/G250V that my buddy dives. I have not noticed any difference actually in the way they breath.

Back
Top Bottom