Zeagle tech BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

probably not comfortably. are you a tech diver. if not, i recommend (if you are getting into tech diving) a hollis bcd. priced better and more likely to grow with you and your abilities.

good luck :D

..... are you a tech diver. if not, i recommend .....

:huh: a zeagle wont "grow" with your diving :shocked2:

the zeagle system is modular so you can change things around to get the right fit for you so dont be afraid to enquire with either your lds or your online store of choice (ie scubatoys). i dived a zeagle tech for almost 10yrs and was super happy with it - only went to a bpw (which i love) because i lost weight and the tech was too big

goodluck

I ended up buying a Zeagle SS backplate, Zeagle Deluxe harness, backplate pad, Ripcord system for the backplate, and a HOG 32 lb singles wing. Perfect setup in my opinion. I like it because I don't have the extra padding, pockets, and bulk.... of a BCD. Since I just bought a White's Fusion Tech drysuit w/ pockets I have no need for pockets beyond what are attached to my legs! Just something to think about... Also I chose the HOG wing because it doesnt cost that much, durable, 360 degree, roll control, and is just a good deal for the $$$.

Also if I'm traveling light I can take off the ripcord system and pad and leave them at home and just bring some quick attach cam strap weight pockets (XS scuba) and I'm good to go! But for cold water single tank diving I prefer the ripcord system.

to almighty's point, I currently dive a ranger ltd and it is extremely modular you can get different sizes of the components to fit your needs. The shoulders and cumber bun can be ordered in different sizes to fit different body types. So you may have a large shoulder strap and an extra large cumber bun. Also, the cumber bun fits a wide range of waists due to the way it is set up.

I would be surprised if you could not get the zeagle to fit your body type.

I would be surprised if the xl did not work out for you . As others have said , there is a lot of adjustment on zeagles .

Hello,

I wanna buy a zeagle tech, however the size charts say that the XL has a max of 50", I have kinda big stomach and my waist size can reach up to 52" with the wetsuit on, would the tech still fit?

if not, any suggestions how to overcome this issue (other than losing weight of course :D )

Is buying a XXL vest section with an XL shoulder out of the question?

If you want a Tech, and dont plan to lose any weight, that would be my suggestion.

Scott

If they are Zeagle dealers, they know about the personal fit system. However, I have heard rumors that some online retailers aren't crazy about doing the swap, which makes no sense to me as it is a major feature and selling point of our gear.

Please let me know if you have trouble getting something in the two different sizes...I would be interested in hearing about it.

Feel free to use the PM feature on here.

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom