Zeagle Tech servicing - wing and bladder size...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

V&G

Registered
Reaction score
I've bought Zeagle Tech from someone and disassembled it for washing and servicing.
I taken out the bladder and puzzled: its size was double of the wing size:
000_8965-1.jpg
Is it a correct proportions between the wing and the bladder?
The wing marked as 44lb wing.

Looks correct to me.

Normall the Tech BC comes with a 65lb bladder...but they could have ordered it with a 44lb.

The inner bladder is always larger than the shell. No worries!!!

Scott

Thank you for answers!

Some questions about inflator servicing:
- how can I disassemble the cartridge valve? Should I unscrew the ring on the top of the valve with a spanner?
- inflator contains 3 o-rings. Do you know what they are? (I.D./O.D./thickness/material)

Thank you for this tip. I completely understand your position, really...
I talked them about the servicing about a month ago - I have no idea why should I pay ~$45 and wait about 2 weeks for servicing BC... Disassembling, washing and reassembling took me about 2 hours in all + 2 days to dry the BC and the bladder.
The only problem - I don't have appropriate o-rings for inflator...

O-rings are o-rings, to an extent. While I don't know what the stores are like in Israel, if it were here, I'd go to the hardware store and match something up from the plumbing dept. I did that exact thing recently to replace the gaskets on a sander.

I took in Sheba Yam. He refused to serve my inflater saying it's not Zeagle inflater. But he helped me to release cartridge valve and it's great!

For those of us, how interested in this kind of information - the list of o-rings needed to service power inflater (taken from DSS power inflater servicing video):
006 - 2, valve spool
011 - 1, quick disconnect nipple
012 - 1, cartridge valve body
110 - 1, oral inflate hex
112 - 1, cartridge valve body

All o-rings supposedly use duro 85, shore A.

Back
Top Bottom