Zeagle weight pouches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superstar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you that use the Zeagle weight pouches, what is the lead shot size you use,(#8, #00,etc.) or do you use the shot weights that are in the mesh bags and insert these into the weight pouches.

The mesh in the Zeagle weight pouches is not fine enough to hold shot, You put either hard or soft weights inside them. Thery keep anything from slipping past the rip cord and allow you to empty the pocket in one grab.

cneal:
The mesh in the Zeagle weight pouches is not fine enough to hold shot, You put either hard or soft weights inside them. Thery keep anything from slipping past the rip cord and allow you to empty the pocket in one grab.
Not entirely correct.

I have 20# of lead shot approx. 1/2" dia. that I use in my yellow weight pouches. There's actually a velcro compartment in the pouches designed to keep it together and low in the pouch.

On trips I usually just put hard/soft weights in the pouches depending on what's available. I did get an interesting look from a Mexican inspector when I flew with the lead shot in my BC once. He thought they were black powder balls.

i use 3lbs sized soft weights in the yellow thingies. when i travel i use the hard lead weights into the yellow things but i prefer to use the soft lead

i carry 6lbs in each thingie, total 12lbs now

Same here, soft weights in the yellow thingies. I have 3 sets of yellow thingies, 1 set for Freshwater, 1 set for saltly water, and a empty set for travel. Traveling I use what ever weight I can find, either hard or soft and put it in the yellow thingies. The yellow thingies makes it easy to pull the weight out even for changing tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom