Zeagle Zena - Try before you Buy in Chicagoland Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krukster86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!

My wife is my dive buddy. She rents her BCDs, wetsuits and regulators because she will only buy something once she is 100% sure she finds it comfortable. She has tried all sorts of BCDs over our dive trips and hates the unisex (aka male oriented) ones and was disappointed with the female oriented ScubaPro Bella and Aqualung Pearl. While we were at Divers Direct in Ft. Lauderdale, a salesperson directed her towards the Zeagle Zena. She tried it on and for the first time, she had a "this might be the one" moment.

She would love to try one out in a pool with all the other gear on to see if it makes the grade. Are there any Zeagle dealers in the Chicagoland area? If so, do they allow for a pool session to try out the gear?

Unless your wife is a perfect size, a "try before you buy" may not work best for a Zena. Zeagles are customizable BCs making it possible to get a perfect fit. This seems to be particularly valuable to women given the huge variation in upper body structure that we have.

I'd suggest that if your wife decides she wants a Zena, she should call Scuba Toys with a tape measure in hand and give them her measurement so they can put together a custom fitting Zena for her. Then before she dives it for the first time, she should read the "tutorial" that I've posted many times on ScubaBoard on how to adjust her BC perfectly at the start of her dives. Once adjusted properly, it will never move or shift on her body during the dive, no matter what position she is in. :)

Back
Top Bottom