Zeagle Zeus and Atomic SS1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This 30-Year Sale is making the prospect of purchasing a travel BC pretty attractive.

I use an Atomic T2 reg with a titanium SS1 Safe Second Inflator, i.e. no octopus, in order to streamline and save weight. Are there any compatibility issues regarding adapting the SS1 to the Zeus?

Per the Atomic website, the SS1 is adaptable to "almost any BC." I'd hate to find out after the fact that the Zeus isn't one of them.

Btw, I appreciate that Zeagle maintains a presence on this board. I only wish Atomic would do the same as I'm a huge Atomics fan.

Btw, I appreciate that Zeagle maintains a presence on this board. I only wish Atomic would do the same as I'm a huge Atomics fan.

That's why you should be an even bigger fan of Zeagle
:wink:
Just messing with you.

The SS1 will work just fine on the Zeus.

Bad news: I went to my LDS Saturday, but they didn't have a Zeus in stock.

Good news: I was told that the Zeagle Rep would be coming through today, and they would talk to him about getting a Zeus for me to take a look.

Great news: My LDS called this afternoon to say the Zeagle Rep was there and he had brought a Zeus with him!

Bad news: It was an XS, and I'm an XL kind of guy.

Good news: At least I could come look at it.

Bad news: The Rep had an appointment and had to leave before I could get there.

Great news: He was willing to leave it with the LDS overnight, so I could still come look at it, which I did.

Bad news: There was no way I could try it on, of course, as it was just too small.

Good news: The very pretty young woman who works at the LDS modeled it for me. Note to self: Remember to do this with all future purchases. :eyebrow:

Great news: Cool design, very well made. Perfect! Ordered an XL on the spot.

And to top it off, I swiped the XS Zeus when the LDS folks weren't looking.
Ok, not really. Just wanted to give Scott a heart attack! :lotsalove:

Seriously, thanks to my LDS and to the Zeagle rep for making this happen. Much appreciated.

That's great!!

The Zeus is still new - and is a pretty unique looking BC - so there is not a lot of internet feedback posted on it.

I know that the folks who did the testing for Scuba Diving magazine loved it, but I would really like to hear how you like it after you get a handfull of dives in!!

Thanks,

Scott

You bet!

We're definitely headed for the Keys in August, but we may be going to Hawaii in July on a house sitting deal as well. So this travel BC will be doing some serious travelling in the next few months.

In the meantime, I'll do a few local dives with it to see how it goes.

I'll definitely be putting the Zeus through its paces this summer.

I'm a new diver. I saw a Zeus Small at LDS tried and tried to find a larger one to try on. I gave up and mailordered a Medium. Have not dove it yet. I love the fit and finish.
Will post more once I take it to Cozumel.

I first saw a real Zeus on Mike Holraths (Beach City scuba Panama City,FL) slender body back in Oct, and was really impressed. Mike made it look good and a nice case for owning one, but alas I had just bought a Ranger LTD. I remember My Dive Buddy (Greg) and I were impressed with Mike's new SIX PACK ABS and the form and fit of the BC. After Mike did a coule muscle man poses he explained how the BC fit allowed him to carry the weight in the center of his mass instead of draped over his shoulders.

It would be a great travel BC along with a full purpose everyday BC.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom