Zeagle Zrd looks like a crossbred Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone let me know where this fits in Apeks line I assume it takes standard Apeks parts kits??

Went to Apeks site looks like DST unsealed

The Z-RD regulator was one of the models made for Zeagle by Apeks. Zeagle still has parts kits for them that dealers can install. See www.zeagle.com for a list.

It is a model that has an environmentally sealed, non swivel 1st stage and a venturi adjustable 2nd stage.

Zeagle now makes their own regulators, since about late 2000.

Chad Carney
FL Zeagle Sales Rep.

So is it better to get Zeagle seive or Apeks or no big difference??

ddown:
So is it better to get Zeagle seive or Apeks or no big difference??

HUH???? Do you mean service?

There should be no difference in service, but you cannot use CURRENT Zeagle reg parts to service the Apeks regs - they are a different set of parts!!!

Scott

Stupid fingers I mean't service and any difference between Zeagle and Apeks parts kits.

Sorry

I know the new kits are different

There is very little difference in the current parts kits except for the improved conical hp seat which zeagle improved on. The older regs will take Apeks kits as they were the same exact regs back then.

rescuediver009:
There is very little difference in the current parts kits except for the improved conical hp seat which zeagle improved on. The older regs will take Apeks kits as they were the same exact regs back then.

resque009,

A little better way to state it would be "there are many similarities in the current Zeagle made parts kits and the Apeks made kits, except for the HP seat."
But as Scott stated, and you well know, "They are a different set of parts!!!"
(In reality only the 0011 and 0012 port plug o-rings could be interchanged.)

As service techs we have a tendancy to compare similarities in regulators. In looking more closely at the rest of the first stage many more differences are apparent. Removable conical HP valve, inverted and conical filters on yoke models too, and polymer diaphragm clamp rings and DIN wheels are the most noticeable.

BTW, thanks for calling the seat/HP valve design an improvement, we think so too!

Chad Carney
FL Zeagle Rep

Hey ScottZeagle,
I'm thinking of buying a Zeagle regulator. Is there any chance, in the future, that I'd be able to buy a service kit?

Back
Top Bottom