Zeagle ZX/ 50-D sound?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nratanachai

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a new regulator, Zeagle ZX/ 50-D. I just tried it on my first dive and it has “feee feeeed” sound coming from the first stage when inhale. The sound is quite loud and I can notice it in both surface and even under water.

Is this sound normal for this regulator?
Anything to do with the environmental seal?

Please recommend, thank.

PM ScottZeagle—he should be able to answer you Zeagle product questions.

Or have your LDS look at it.

Did you buy it from ScubaToys or Blue Whale (2P2B1)?

Vie:
PM ScottZeagle—he should be able to answer you Zeagle product questions.

Or have your LDS look at it.

Did you buy it from ScubaToys or Blue Whale (2P2B1)?

I bought it from 2P2B1 from TDEX.

It is not a common problem, as you are the first complaint we have heard about a funny sound in the first stage...

My first inclination is to have your local dealer take a look at it.

I doubt that the enviromental seal is the culprit, and off the top of my head, I can only think of partial blockage of a port, or the possibility that your tank valve is barely open, causing the reg to "starve for air", as possible reasons for the sound...

Once again, please understand that it is hard to diagnose problems over the internet!!! :wink:

Scott

I use the model 50-D and the only time I have had a sound is when trying to check the regulator out of the water. It did sound kind of like what you described. As everyone else has stated; get it checked at your LDS.

DSDO

nratanachai:
I bought it from 2P2B1 from TDEX.

Your reg probably needs servicing—the 2P2B1 Zeagle regs have been sitting in the store room for a LONG time.

You can easily varify its age by the design on the second stage cover. Also does this souns like a first stage resonance to anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom