Zeaqle and AIR 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calvin_c

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I just purchased a Zeagle Ranger fr0m Scubatoys.com

I would like to use my Air 2 with it. Will I need the scubapro hose since it has a traditional air fitting (NPT) versus the standard BC inflator fitting ?

Thanks,
Calvin

Yes.
If you no longer have the LP hose for your AIR2, its just a standard second stage hose and you can get the AIR2 connector from LP or elsewhere.

Yes you will need the Scubapro fitting on the end of it. My advice would be to order from Scubatoys and leave LP out of the mix. Too many issues with used product from them lately.

Calvin,

Unscrew the SP fitting off the end of your low pressure inflator hose. The darned thing will screw onto the end of any other low pressure inflator hose from any supplier. Make sure the hose you want to use isn't hopelessly too long with the SP fitting attached to the end of it...once attached it'll add about 2" to the overall length of the hose.

Best,

Doc

Doc Intrepid:
Calvin,

Unscrew the SP fitting off the end of your low pressure inflator hose. The darned thing will screw onto the end of any other low pressure inflator hose from any supplier.

The issue is, I only have thre Air 2 and the only hose I will have is what ever comes with the new BC (Zeagle). The connection to the Air 2 is very different from the normal inflators and I presumed these were all crimped fittings.

You will need to get a low pressure inflator hose with the proper fitting for your Air 2. The hose that typically comes standard with the Zeagle Ranger is almost certainly not the proper fitting for connecting to your Air 2. Did you purchase this gear new? If you purchased this gear new from one shop then you should have gotten the correct low pressure hose with the rig. If you purchased the gear used then you will need to purchase the correct hose from someplace. Once you have the correct low pressure hose simply replace the one that should be installed onto your first stage with the new correct style hose and away you go. Of course it might be a good idea to have the thing checked to make sure the work of breathing, cracking pressure adjustments are correct. Again, if you purchased this new at a dive shop in person, they should be willing to check this for you for free. If your purchase was made new but at a distant (internet or phone order) shop then you may need to pay a local shop to check everything. If you purchased the gear used then you should expect to pay to have it checked and adjusted. Any gear purchased used from almost any source should probably be serviced before you actually dive with it.

Mark Vlahos

Doc Intrepid:
Calvin,

Unscrew the SP fitting off the end of your low pressure inflator hose. The darned thing will screw onto the end of any other low pressure inflator hose from any supplier. Make sure the hose you want to use isn't hopelessly too long with the SP fitting attached to the end of it...once attached it'll add about 2" to the overall length of the hose.

Best,

Doc

This is not correct. Some of the SP inflator hoses are really just an adapter that screws into a regulator hose (not a standard inflator hose). I assume this was a typo, since the "normal" inflator hose end can not be removed since it is affixed with a permament crimped fitting...I think

calvin_c:
The issue is, I only have thre Air 2 and the only hose I will have is what ever comes with the new BC (Zeagle). The connection to the Air 2 is very different from the normal inflators and I presumed these were all crimped fittings.

Most are crimped on but some are screw on. Screw on fittings for either an Air2 connector or a Std inflator hose connector are readily available and will screw on to any Std LP hose.

BTW, that Air2 fitting is of the same design as a std NPT connector but is a slightly different size so as not to be compatible (or cheaply available). If you talk to Scubatoys, I'm sure he will fix you up with what you will need. They are no longer a scubapro dealer, but I believe he is a TUSA dealer and their inflator/octo connector is the same.

I've got one of those somewhere im my diving/guitar room.
not sure about the length.But it is brand new,never been taken out of the bag sense purchased for a Scubapro air2 I bought used(and never used either)
Contact me if your interested and I'll dig it out and check the length.
I think I paid around 25-30 for it on Ebay and it retails for around 60

Brewone0to@aol.com

Brewone0to:
I've got one of those somewhere im my diving/guitar room.
not sure about the length.But it is brand new,never been taken out of the bag sense purchased for a Scubapro air2 I bought used(and never used either)
Contact me if your interested and I'll dig it out and check the length.
I think I paid around 25-30 for it on Ebay and it retails for around 60

Brewone0to@aol.com

You have a "Diving/Guitar Room"? You have a "Diving/Guitar"? None of my guitars dive, although I have some stomp boxes that make them sound that way. :)

Back
Top Bottom