Zebulon Pike Table Rock Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove the K-City Bridge the third weekend in August. The lake was down approx 18 feet. Once we grappled the bridge we had a difficult time keeping the anchor set. Pull up to the center pylon drop the anchor 100+ feet and very slowly back up. There is a large yellow nylon rope that is wrapped around the center piling that you can follow down to the original bridge. The guidline is chocked full of fishing lures of every type. There is also a lot fishing line floating around the guideline, be careful not to become entangled. At 59' there was a thermocline we passed through and it was pitch black! The viz was 15-20 and dark as night with absolutley no signs of life besides us three divers. We reached the top of the bridge at 92' did a quick tour, took turns ringing the bell (it's loud...very loud!), it's a nice size bell! We turned the dive and made our way back up the guideline. I was thinking about going back just to replenish my tackle box, I am not kidding about the fishing lures on thatguideline. We only made one dive on the K-City bridge due to a Thunderstorm and some other topside issues. However, yes, it's deep dark and cold. The deepest I went was 108 feet. Very interesting dive and I had my camera with me but did not film the bridge....only topside video. I plan on going back hopefully next year sometime and I will video the bridge and bell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom