Zen Air Malfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freeflydive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello! I've used my Tusa Zen Air during the past 20x dives with no issues. Unfortunately today, during my Rescue Diver class, it malfunctioned and gave me a reading of 80ft, when we were in 20ft water, for a total of 40min bottom time. After we completed the dive and were enjoying a post dive brunch, the watch indicated a "current" depth of 290ft, in deco status (see photo) with a bottom time that continued to go up to 6 hours before I finally removed the battery in hopes of it self-recalibrating, but it continued to indicate I was underwater at ~80ft and re-started my bottom time/count. I removed the battery again, but left it out for a few hours and its no longer thinking I'm under water! When I downloaded the data to my computer, the dive profile appears normal w/ the correct parameters! Too bad I don't know anyone at the local deco chamber to prank! :) Is there something I can do with the dive computer from my end, or do I need to return it to my LDS? :popcorn:

Semper Fidelis,
Majdi E.

Attachments

• Zen_Air_Malfunction.jpg
    Zen_Air_Malfunction.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Hi Majdi-
From your description and image of VIO the computer needs to be returned to your LDS and sent to TUSA for evaluation. Please contact your LDS or TUSA customer service at 800-482-2282 for an RA# and shipping address or info@tusa.com. We'll get you back in the water asap.

Back
Top Bottom